M20762: Developing SQL Databases
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2016 product features and tools related to developing a database.
- Design and Implement Tables.
- Describe advanced table designs
- Ensure Data Integrity through Constraints.
- Describe indexes, including Optimized and Columnstore indexes
- Design and Implement Views.
- Design and Implement Stored Procedures.
- Design and Implement User Defined Functions.
- Respond to data manipulation using triggers.
- Design and Implement In-Memory Tables.
- Implement Managed Code in SQL Server.
- Store and Query XML Data.
- Work with Spatial Data.
- Store and Query Blobs and Text Documents.
The primary audience for this course is IT Professionals who want to become skilled on SQL Server 2016 product features and technologies for implementing a database. The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who are developers from other product platforms looking to become skilled in the implementation of a SQL Server 2016 database.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Database Development (3 topics)
- Introduction to the SQL Server Platform
- SQL Server Database Development Tasks
- Lab: SQL Server Database Development Tasks
Designing and Implementing Tables (5 topics)
- Designing Tables
- Data Types
- Working with Schemas
- Creating and Altering Tables
- Lab: Designing and Implementing Tables
Advanced Table Designs (4 topics)
- Partitioning data
- Compressing Data
- Temporal Tables
- Lab: Using Advanced Table Designs
Ensuring Data Integrity through Constraints (4 topics)
- Enforcing data Integrity
- Implementing Domain Integrity
- Implementing Entity and Referential Integrity
- Lab: Ensuring Data Integrity through Constraints
Introduction to Indexes (4 topics)
- Core Indexing Concepts
- Data Types and Indexes
- Single Column and Composite Indexes
- Lab: Implementing Indexes
Designing Optimized Index Strategies (9 topics)
- Index Strategies
- Managing Indexes
- Execution Plans
- The Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Query Store
- Lab: Optimizing Indexes
- Using Query Store
- Heaps and Clustered Indexes
- Creating a Covered Index
Columnstore Indexes (4 topics)
- Introduction to Columnstore indexes
- Creating Columnstore indexes
- Working Columnstore indexes
- Lab: Using Columnstore indexes
Designing and Implementing Views (4 topics)
- Introduction to views
- Creating and managing views
- Performance considerations for views
- Lab: Designing and Implementing Views
Designing and Implementing Stored Procedures (8 topics)
- Introduction to Stored Procedures
- Working with Stored Procedures
- Implementing Parameterized Stored Procedures
- Controlling Execution Context
- Lab: Designing and Implementing Stored Procedures
- Create Stored procedures
- Create Parameterized Stored procedures
- Changes Stored Procedure Execution Context
Designing and Implementing User-Defined Functions (6 topics)
- Overview of Functions
- Designing and Implementing Scalar Functions
- Designing and Implementing Table-Valued Functions
- Implementation Considerations for Functions
- Alternatives to Functions
- Lab: Designing and Implementing User-defined Functions
Responding to Data Manipulation via Triggers (4 topics)
- Designing DML Triggers
- Implementing DML Triggers
- Advanced Trigger Concepts
- Lab: Responding to Data Manipulation via Triggers
Using In-Memory Tables (3 topics)
- In-Memory tables
- Native Stored Procedures
- Lab: In Memory OLTP
Implementing Managed Code in SQL Server (4 topics)
- Introduction to SQL CLR Integration
- Importing and Configuring Assemblies
- Implementing SQL CLR Integration
- Lab: Implementing Managed Code in SQL Server
Storing and Querying XML Data in SQL Server (6 topics)
- Introduction to XML and XML Schemas
- Storing XML Data and Schemas in SQL Server
- Implementing the XML Data Type
- Using the T-SQL FOR XML Statement
- Getting Started with xQuery
- Lab: Storing and Querying XML Data in SQL Server
Working with SQL Server Spatial Data (4 topics)
- Introduction to Spatial Data
- Working with SQL Server Spatial Data Types
- Using Spatial Data in Applications
- Lab: Working with SQL Server Spatial Data
Storing and Querying Blobs and Text Documents in SQL Server (4 topics)
- Considerations for BLOB Data
- Working with FileStream
- Using Full-Text Search
- Lab: Storing and Querying Blobs and Text Documents in SQL Server
SQL Server Concurrency (5 topics)
- Concurrency and Transactions
- Locking Internals
- Lab: SQL Server Concurrency
- Implement Snapshot Isolation
- Implement Partition Level Locking
Performance and Monitoring (8 topics)
- Extended Events
- Working with extended Events
- Live Query Statistics
- Optimize Database File Configuration
- Lab: Monitoring, Tracing, and Baselining
- Collecting and Analyzing Data Using Extended Events
- Implementing Baseline Methodology
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|