IBM Lotus Domino 7 System Administration Operating Fundamentals
This course has been retired. Please view currently available IBM Lotus Training Courses.
Extending Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes beyond the single server (5 topics)
- Identifying what other functions a Domino server can perform
- Recognizing how clusters increase server availability
- Understanding how Domino partitions work
- Identifying what Internet protocols Lotus Domino supports
- Integrating the extended products
Defining Mail Routing in Lotus Domino, including (6 topics)
- Understanding how Lotus Domino routes mail
- What are the components for mail routing?
- What routing protocols does Lotus Domino support?
- How does mail route within a Domino Named Network?
- How does mail route between Domino Named Networks?
- Designing a mail routing topology
Examining Replication (6 topics)
- Understanding Lotus Domino replication:
- Replication terms
- Replication logic -- source and target servers, and source and target documents
- Replica databases
- Initiating replication
- Recognizing factors that affect replication
Examining the Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes architecture (6 topics)
- Recognizing the role of the Domino system administrator
- Understanding the key elements of a Domino environment
- What are Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes?
- What is a Domino database?
- What is a directory?
- What is the Lotus Domino Administrator?
Defining Security mechanisms, including (15 topics)
- Recognizing the elements used for Domino security
- What is a domain?
- What is a Domino Named Network?
- What is a certifier ID?
- What is a Notes ID?
- What is a server ID?
- What are certificates (Notes & X.509)
- What is an organization?
- What is an organizational unit?
- Designing a hierarchical naming scheme
- Deciding on an authentication mechanism and anonymous access
- Defining groups
- Securing a database using the Access Control List
- Securing a server using the server access list
- Securing a workstation using the Execution Control List
The prerequisites for this course include previous experience as a network administrator or mail system administrator, and experience using the Lotus Notes 7 Client.