IBM Lotus Domino 7 System Administration Operating Fundamentals
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course introduces students to basic concepts that provide the foundation for Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes. This course is the point of entry to the entire core system administration curriculum. This course does not teach students how to install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot a Lotus Domino 7 infrastructure.
The target audience for this course is system administrators new to Lotus Domino who need to acquire a foundational knowledge and working experience with the Lotus Domino 7 administration tools.
This course is now available for Lotus Domino 8 .
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Extending Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes beyond the single server (5 topics)
- Identifying what other functions a Domino server can perform
- Recognizing how clusters increase server availability
- Understanding how Domino partitions work
- Identifying what Internet protocols Lotus Domino supports
- Integrating the extended products
Defining Mail Routing in Lotus Domino, including (6 topics)
- Understanding how Lotus Domino routes mail
- What are the components for mail routing?
- What routing protocols does Lotus Domino support?
- How does mail route within a Domino Named Network?
- How does mail route between Domino Named Networks?
- Designing a mail routing topology
Examining Replication (6 topics)
- Understanding Lotus Domino replication:
- Replication terms
- Replication logic -- source and target servers, and source and target documents
- Replica databases
- Initiating replication
- Recognizing factors that affect replication
Examining the Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes architecture (6 topics)
- Recognizing the role of the Domino system administrator
- Understanding the key elements of a Domino environment
- What are Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes?
- What is a Domino database?
- What is a directory?
- What is the Lotus Domino Administrator?
Defining Security mechanisms, including (15 topics)
- Recognizing the elements used for Domino security
- What is a domain?
- What is a Domino Named Network?
- What is a certifier ID?
- What is a Notes ID?
- What is a server ID?
- What are certificates (Notes & X.509)
- What is an organization?
- What is an organizational unit?
- Designing a hierarchical naming scheme
- Deciding on an authentication mechanism and anonymous access
- Defining groups
- Securing a database using the Access Control List
- Securing a server using the server access list
- Securing a workstation using the Execution Control List
The prerequisites for this course include previous experience as a network administrator or mail system administrator, and experience using the Lotus Notes 7 Client.