Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This two-day course will provide foundational level knowledge on cloud concepts; core Azure services; security, privacy, compliance, and trust; and Azure pricing and support. Note: This course provides an Azure pass and time for students to participate in hands-on labs. If you do not need hands-on experience, consider the AZ-900T01: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (1 day) course. The content for both courses align to the AZ-900 exam objective domain.
- Define cloud computing and its key advantages.
- Explain public, private, and hybrid cloud models.
- Explain IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS cloud services.
- Identify core Azure architectural components, such as regions, geographies, and resource groups.
- Identify usage cases for Azure core services and products, such as virtual machines and storage.
- Identify usage cases for Azure solutions, such as the Internet of Things and Machine Learning.
- Identify what Azure management tools are available such as Azure PowerShell and the CLI.
- Describe virtual network security connectivity options such as Network Security Groups.
- Describe Azure identity authentication and authorization options.
- Describe usage cases for the Security Center, Key vault, threat and information protection options.
- Describe Azure policies and role-based access control.
- Describe usage cases for Azure Monitor and Azure Service Health.
- Describe privacy, compliance, and data protection standards.
- Use an Azure subscription.
- Plan and manage costs.
- Explain Azure support options.
- Describe Azure SLAs.
- Explain Azure service lifecycles.
The audience for this course is just beginning to learn about cloud computing and how Microsoft Azure provides that service. The course is suitable for technical and non-technical audiences, who are involved with the cloud and need an overview of Azure products and services. Because of the hands-on component, this course is more appropriate for technical students who need to create services in the Azure portal, and may go on to role-based courses and certifications, such as Azure Administrator.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Cloud Concepts (3 topics)
- Why Cloud Services
- Types of Cloud models
- Types of Cloud services
Core Azure Services (4 topics)
- Core Azure Architectural components
- Core Azure Services and Products
- Azure Solutions
- Azure management tools
Security, Privacy, Compliance, and Trust (6 topics)
- Secure network connectivity
- Core Azure identity services
- Security tools and features
- Azure governance methodologies
- Monitoring and reporting
- Privacy, compliance, and data protection standards
Azure Pricing and Support (5 topics)
- Azure subscriptions
- Planning and managing costs
- Azure support options
- Azure Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Service lifecycle in Azure
There are no prerequisites for this course, however students with some IT knowledge or experience will find the concepts easier to understand.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.