CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Aimed at security professionals, this course surveys the entire information security landscape and the technologies involved. The course addresses the eight knowledge domains that comprise the common body of knowledge (CBK) for information systems security professionals and will help delegates prepare for CISSP certification.
The course offers a theory based approach to the security process, with opportunities to discuss the immediate application of concepts and techniques described in the CBK to the real world. It can be considered as providing a good introduction to security management, architecture and engineering.
The course comprises of eight sessions that map directly to the (CBK), each one is theory based with instructor led discussions; there are no hands on labs.
To book the CBT exam requires the candidate to acquire a Pearson VUE testing voucher. Please note, the price of the voucher is not included in the RRP of this course.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Security and Risk Management (12 topics)
- Understand and apply concepts of confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Apply security governance principles
- Understand legal and regulatory issues that pertain to information security in a global context
- Understand professional ethics
- Develop and implement documented security policy, standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Understand business continuity requirements
- Contribute to personnel security policies
- Understand and apply risk management concepts
- Understand and apply threat modelling
- Integrate security risk considerations into acquisition strategy and practice
- Establish and manage information security education, training, and awareness
Asset Security (6 topics)
- Classify information and supporting assets
- Determine and maintain ownership
- Protect privacy
- Ensure appropriate retention
- Determine data security controls
- Establish handling requirements
Security Engineering (11 topics)
- Implement and manage engineering processes using secure design principles
- Understand the fundamental concepts of security models
- Select controls and countermeasures based upon systems security evaluation models
- Understand security capabilities of information systems
- Assess and mitigate the vulnerabilities of security architectures, designs, and solution elements
- Assess and mitigate the vulnerabilities in web-based systems
- Assess and mitigate vulnerabilities in mobile systems
- Assess and mitigate vulnerabilities in embedded devices and cyber-physical systems
- Apply cryptography
- Apply secure principles to site and facility design
- Design and implement physical security
Communication & Network Security (4 topics)
- Apply secure design principles to network architecture
- Secure network components
- Design and establish secure communication channels
- Prevent or mitigate network attacks
Identity & Access Management (7 topics)
- Control physical and logical access to assets
- Manage identification and authentication of people and devices
- Integrate identity as a service
- Integrate third-party identity services
- Implement and manage authorization mechanisms
- Prevent or mitigate access control attacks
- Manage the identity and access provisioning lifecycle
Security Assessment & Testing (5 topics)
- Design and validate assessment and test strategies
- Conduct security control testing
- Collect security process data
- Analyse and report test outputs
- Understand the vulnerabilities of security architectures
Security Operations (8 topics)
- Understand and support investigations
- Understand requirements for investigation types
- Conduct logging and monitoring activities
- Secure the provisioning of resources
- Understand and apply foundational security operations concepts
- Employ resource protection techniques
- Conduct incident management
- Operate and maintain preventative measures
Software Security Development (4 topics)
- Understand and apply security in the software development lifecycle
- Enforce security controls in development environments
- Assess the effectiveness of software security
- Assess security impact of acquired software
Delegates should have experience of at least two of the domains in the (CBK)®, for 5 years or more (4 years if they have achieved relevant certifications, e.g., MCSE). • Delegates must ensure that they have some knowledge of all CBK domains and are encouraged to read one or two of the books on the Reading List at ISC2.org. • Current requirements for the CISSP examination are to be found at ISC2.org.
A CISSP guide book will be provided as pre-reading. It is expected that delegates review the guide and gain an appreciation of the key concepts in each of the eight CISSP domains in advance of the course. However, we do not expect delegates to be familiar with all the details of the guide book in advance of the course itself.
We recommend that work completed in the classroom is complemented by extra reading to ensure success in the exam. The amount of extra reading required will depend on the amount of experience the delegate has. The 'mile wide, inch deep' description indicates the challenge to most delegates, not all will have 'hands on' experience spanning all 8 domains of the CBK.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Virtual Classroom (Attend From Anywhere)
Virtual Classroom (Glasgow)
Virtual Classroom (London)
Virtual Classroom (London (Int Hse))
Virtual Classroom (Virtual On-Line)
Virtual Classroom (Zoom Virtual Centre)