Cyber Security - An Introduction
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The World Wide Web and the Internet are fantastic places to converse, conduct business, do research, or simply relax and play a few games. But unfortunately, it's also a place where some individuals would like to create havoc by committing fraud, identity theft, robbery, or to commit more serious crimes such as terrorism. This course looks at the world of Cyber security by examining the types of attacks these ner-do-wells use breach organisational defences and compromise systems.
The course then takes a high-level look at how organisations can protect against such attacks by describing how to build, operate and maintain a comprehensive set of security controls.
This course will provide you with an introduction to cyber security, hackers, hacking techniques and terminology.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the threats faced by organisations and individuals by hackers
- Define the different classifications of Malware
- Describe what DoS and DDos attacks are
- Describe the stages of a hacking attack, including footprinting, social engineering, port scanning, network sniffing, and more.
- Describe the basics of Information Security and how to build an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Describe how to deploy Information Security controls within a network to defend against attack
This course is suitable for IT professionals looking to understand more about online security, but is also a good introductory course for those from a non-IT background who need to understand more about the protection of corporate systems and data.
After attending this course, delegates would be well placed to attend the more in-depth 5-day 'IT Security Fundamentals' course.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Understanding the threats (1 topic)
- This module concentrates on understanding the threats we face by defining what hackers are, their motivations, and the tools they use. This section takes a look at the processes involved in a hacking attack. Delegates will learn about footprinting, port scanning, network sniffing, phishing, social engineering, dumpster diving and physical attacks.
The basics of Information Security (1 topic)
- This module is dedicated to understanding the basics of Information Security and looks at how an organisation might approach the task of securing their networks against attacks. In this section, delegates will learn about the CIA triad, the creation of an ISMS, risk management, the implementation of security controls, penetration testing and incident management.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.