M203452: Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016/2019
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course provides experienced Exchange Server administrators with the knowledge to design and implement an Exchange Server messaging environment. The course covers how to design and configure advanced components in an Exchange Server deployment such as site resiliency, advanced security, compliance, archiving and discovery solutions, coexistence with other Exchange organizations or Exchange Online, and migration from previous versions of Exchange server. The course also provides guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help optimize Exchange Server deployments.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan for Exchange Server deployments.
- Plan and deploy Exchange Server hardware, virtualization, mailbox databases, and public folders.
- Plan message transport in Exchange Server.
- Plan and deploy Client Access services in Exchange Server.
- Design and implement a highly available Exchange Server environment.
- Maintain Exchange Server by using Managed Availability and Desired State Configuration (DSC).
- Plan for messaging security and design and implement Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) and Microsoft Azure RMS in Exchange Server.
- Design and implement message retention and archiving.
- Design and implement data loss prevention policies, In-Place Hold, and eDiscovery.
- Design and implement messaging coexistence among Exchange Server organizations.
- Plan and implement the upgrade from previous versions of Exchange Server to Exchange Server 2019.
- Plan a hybrid Exchange deployment.
The audience for this course includes IT professionals who are experienced messaging administrators, messaging architects, or consultants. This course is designed for people in an enterprise environment who are responsible for designing and deploying Exchange Server solutions, including environments that contain previous versions of Exchange Server or Exchange Online. Students taking this course are expected to have experience with Exchange Server 2019 or previous versions of Exchange Server.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required. The additional screen must have a minimum screen size of 19 inch and minimum resolution of 1280x1024, with the vertical resolution (1024) being the most critical.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Planning Exchange Server deployments (8 topics)
- New features in Exchange Server 2019
- Gathering business requirements for an Exchange Server deployment
- Planning for an Exchange Server deployment
- Planning the migration of Unified Messaging to Cloud Voicemail
- Lab: Planning Exchange Server 2019 deployments
- Evaluating an existing messaging infrastructure
- Identifying requirements
- Discussion: Deployment design for Exchange Server 2019
Planning and deploying Exchange Server Mailbox services (8 topics)
- Planning Exchange Server hardware requirements
- Planning Exchange Server for virtualization and Microsoft Azure integration
- Planning and implementing public folders
- Lab: Planning and implementing Exchange virtualization, mailbox databases, and public folders
- Planning for virtualization
- Planning for mailbox databases
- Implementing mailbox databases
- Planning and implementing public folders
Planning and deploying message transport (8 topics)
- Designing message routing
- Designing transport services
- Designing the message-routing perimeter
- Designing and implementing transport compliance
- Lab: Planning and deploying message transport
- Planning for a redundant and secure message transport
- Planning for transport compliance
- Implementing transport compliance
Planning and deploying client access (9 topics)
- Planning for client access
- Planning and implementing Office Online Server
- Planning and implementing coexistence of SharePoint 2019 with Exchange
- Designing external client access
- Lab: Planning and deploying client access solutions
- Planning and configuring namespaces
- Planning and configuring client access services options
- Planning and deploying Office Online Server
- Planning and implementing reverse proxy
Designing and implementing high availability (8 topics)
- Planning high availability for Exchange Server 2016
- Planning for load balancing
- Planning for site resilience
- Lab: Designing and implementing site resiliency
- Creating a lag database copy
- Recovering data from a lagged database copy
- Implementing site resilience
- Validating site resilience
Maintaining Exchange Server (5 topics)
- Using Managed Availability to improve high availability
- Implementing DSC
- Lab: Maintaining Exchange Server
- Using Windows PowerShell to investigate and configure Managed Availability
- Implementing DSC
Designing messaging security (7 topics)
- Planning messaging security
- Designing and implementing AD RMS and Azure RMS integration
- Lab: Designing messaging security
- Implementing AD RMS
- Integrating AD RMS with Exchange Server
- Creating a message transport rule to protect email
- Proteccting an email with AD RMS
Designing and implementing message retention (6 topics)
- Overview of messaging records management and archiving
- Designing In-Place Archiving
- Designing and implementing message retention
- Lab: Designing and implementing message retention
- Designing message retention and archiving
- Implementing message retention and archiving
Designing messaging compliance (8 topics)
- Designing and implementing data loss prevention
- Designing and implementing In-Place Hold
- Designing and implementing In-Place eDiscovery
- Lab: Designing and implementing messaging compliance
- Designing messaging compliance
- Implementing data los prevention
- Implementing In-Place eDiscovery
- Comparing messaging policy and compliance options
Designing and implementing messaging coexistence (6 topics)
- Designing and implementing federation
- Designing coexistence between Exchange organizations
- Designing and implementing cross-forest mailbox moves
- Lab: Implementing messaging coexistence
- Implementing message-routing coexistence
- Migrating user mailboxes
Upgrading to Exchange Server 2019 (7 topics)
- Planning an upgrade from previous Exchange Server versions
- Implementing the upgrade from previous Exchange Server versions
- Lab: Upgrading from Exchange Server 2013 to Exchange Server 2019
- Documenting the Exchange Server 2013 organization
- Deploying Exchange Server 2019
- Upgrading from Exchange Server 2013 to Exchange Server 2019
- Removing Exchange Server 2013
Planning a hybrid Exchange Server deployment (5 topics)
- Basics of a hybrid deployment
- Planning and implementing a hybrid deployment
- Implementing advanced functionality for hybrid deployments
- Lab: Designing the integration with Exchange Online
- Designing the integration with Exchange Online
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Attended course 20345-1B: Administering Microsoft Exchange Server 2016/2019 or have equivalent knowledge
- Minimum of two years of experience working with any version of Exchange Server
- Minimum of six months of experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server 2016
- Minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019
- Minimum of two years of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Minimum of two years of experience working with name resolution, including Domain Name System (DNS)
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|