M10988: Managing SQL Business Intelligence Operations
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This three-day instructor-led course is aimed at database professionals who manage Business Intelligence (BI) operations. This course looks at various options that provide the ability of business users to analyze data and share their findings, starting with managed BI data sources and expanding to personal and external/public data sources.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key features of a self-service BI solution
- Describe the key capabilities of SQL Server BI in a SharePoint environment
- Describe common Analysis Services operational tasks
- Describe PowerPivot for SharePoint server
- Describe Power Query
- Describe Windows Azure HDInsight
The primary audience for this course are business intelligence professionals.
The secondary audiences for this course are technically proficient business users.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server BI Solution (4 topics)
- Overview of self-service BI
- Considerations of self-service BI
- Microsoft tools for self-service BI
- Lab: Exploring an enterprise BI solution
SQL Server BI Features with Microsoft SharePoint (5 topics)
- Capabilities of Power BI with SharePoint
- SharePoint with analysis services
- SharePoint with reporting services
- Deploying SQL server BI in a SharePoint environment
- Lab: Design a SQL Server BI infrastructure
Operating Analysis Services (5 topics)
- Configuring an analysis services server
- Tuning an analysis services server
- Analysis services security
- Analysis services high availability and disaster recovery
- Lab: Configuring analysis services
Supporting Analysis Services (4 topics)
- Testing analysis services cubes
- Tuning analysis services
- Maintaining analysis services
- Lab: Supporting Analysis Services
Operate and Support Reporting services (5 topics)
- Installing a native mode report server
- Installing reporting services with SharePoint
- Reporting services with Microsoft Azure virtual machines
- Reporting services errors
- Lab: Installing reporting services
Share PowerPivot Workbooks in SharePoint Server (3 topics)
- PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Install and configure PowerPivot for SharePoint
- Lab: Install PowerPivot for SharePoint
Operate and Support Power BI (4 topics)
- Power BI desktop
- Mobile Power BI
- Lab: Using Power BI
- Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas)
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching)
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with SharePoint Server and Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|