M10985: Introduction to SQL Databases
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This three-day instructor-led course is aimed at people looking to move into a database professional role or whose job role is expanding to encompass database elements. The course describes fundamental database concepts including database types, database languages, and database designs.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key database concepts in the context of SQL Server 2016
- Describe database languages used in SQL Server 2016
- Describe data modelling techniques
- Describe normalization and denormalization techniques
- Describe relationship types and effects in database design
- Describe the effects of database design on performance
- Describe commonly used database objects
The primary audience for this course is people who are moving into a database role, or whose role has expanded to include database technologies.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to databases (5 topics)
- Introduction to relational databases
- Other types of database
- Data analysis
- Database languages
- Lab : Querying SQ Server
Data Modelling (4 topics)
- Data modelling
- ANSI/SPARC database model
- Entity relationship modelling
- Lab : Entity relationship modelling
Normalization (5 topics)
- Why normalize data?
- Normalization terms
- Levels of normalization
- Lab : Normalizing raw data
Relationships (3 topics)
- Schema mapping
- Referential integrity
- Lab : Designing relationships
Performance (4 topics)
- Query performance
- Lab : Query performance
Database Objects (5 topics)
- Stored procedures
- Other database objects
- Lab : Using SQL Server in a hybrid cloud
This is a foundation level course and therefore only requires general computer literacy.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.