M203392 Advanced Technologies of Microsoft SharePoint 2016
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This five-day course will teach you how to plan, configure, and manage the advanced features in a SharePoint 2016 environment. The special areas of focus for this course include implementing high availability, disaster recovery, service application architecture, and Microsoft Business Connectivity Services. This course also focuses on social computing features, productivity, and collaboration platforms and features. Students also will learn about business intelligence solutions, Enterprise Content Management, web content management infrastructure, solutions, and apps. This course also covers how to develop and implement a governance plan, and how to perform an upgrade or a migration to SharePoint 2016.
This is the second in a sequence of two courses for IT Professionals and is aligned with the SharePoint 2016 IT Pro certification.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the core SharePoint 2016 architecture and its new and improved features.
- Describe the key hybrid features in SharePoint 2016.
- Plan and design a SharePoint 2016 environment to meet requirements for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Plan and implement Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service.
- Configure and manage productivity services for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Manage solutions in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Plan and configure social computing features.
- Plan and configure web content management for an Internet-facing environment.
- Plan and configure Enterprise Content Management in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Plan and configure business intelligence solutions.
- Plan and configure work management, productivity, and collaboration platforms and features.
- Perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint 2016.
The course is targeted at experienced IT Professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud.
Students typically should have more than four years of hands-on experience* planning and maintaining SharePoint Server and other core technologies upon which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 R2 or later, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), and networking infrastructure services.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to SharePoint 2016 (1 topic)
- Lab : Reviewing the core Microsoft SharePoint 2016 concepts
Introduction to hybrid scenarios for SharePoint 2016 (2 topics)
- Lab : Configuring an Office 365 tenant
- Lab : Creating hybrid team sites
Designing business continuity management strategies (1 topic)
- Lab : Planning and performing backup and restore
Planning and implementing Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service (2 topics)
- Lab : Configuring BCS and the Secure Store Service
- Lab : Managing BDC models
Configuring productivity services for a SharePoint 2016 deployment (1 topic)
- Lab : Configuring and managing SharePoint Add-ins.
Managing solutions in Microsoft SharePoint 2016 (1 topic)
- Lab : Managing solutions
Connecting people (2 topics)
- Lab : Configuring profile synchronization and My Sites
- Lab : Configuring community sites
Planning and configuring web content management (2 topics)
- Lab : Configuring managed navigation and catalog sites
- Lab : Configuring device channels
Planning and configuring Enterprise Content Management (1 topic)
- Lab : Configuring eDiscovery in SharePoint 2016Lab : Configuring records management in SharePoint Server 2016
Planning and configuring business intelligence solutions (2 topics)
- Lab : Installing Office Online Server
- Lab : Configuring PowerPivot and Power View for SharePoint 2016
Planning and configuring productivity and collaboration (2 topics)
- Lab : Configuring and working with project sites
- Lab : Configuring a workflow
Upgrading and migrating to SharePoint 2016 (2 topics)
- Lab : Performing a content database migration and upgrade from Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- Lab : Managing site-collection upgrades
An ideal candidate for this course must have at least one year experience with deploying and administering multiple SharePoint Server 2013 farms across a large enterprise. The candidate should have completed Course 20339-1A: Planning and Administering Microsoft SharePoint 2016, or should demonstrate equivalent skills
Before attending this course, students must demonstrate the following skills:
- At least a one-year experience of mapping business requirements to both logical and physical technical designs.
- Working knowledge of network design, including network security.
- Software management experience in a Windows Server 2012 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2016 environment.
- Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud.
- Administering IIS.
- Configuring AD DS for use in authentication and authorization, and as a user store.
- Managing an application remotely by using Windows PowerShell 2.0 or later.
- Connecting applications to SQL Server.
- Implementing claims-based security.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
M203391: Planning and Administering SharePoint 2016
This 5-day course provides the skills required to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.