Office 365 Administrator
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This is a five-day instructor-led training (ILT) course that targets the needs of IT professionals who take part in evaluating, planning, deploying, and operating Microsoft Office 365 services, including its identities, dependencies, requirements, and supporting technologies. This course focuses on skills required to set up an Office 365 tenant, including federation with existing user identities, and skills required to sustain an Office 365 tenant and its users.
- Plan an Office 365 deployment, configure the Office 365 tenant, and plan a pilot deployment.
- Manage Office 365 users, groups, and licenses, and configure delegated administration.
- Plan and configure client connectivity to Office 365.
- Plan and configure directory synchronization between Microsoft Azure AD and on-premises AD DS.
- Plan and implement the Office 365 ProPlus deployment.
- Plan and manage Microsoft Exchange Online recipients and permissions.
- Plan and configure Exchange Online services.
- Plan and configure Microsoft Teams
- Plan and configure Microsoft SharePoint Online.
- Plan and configure an Office 365 collaboration solutions.
- Plan and configure the integration between Office 365 and Microsoft Azure Information Protection.
- Monitor and review Office 365 services, and troubleshoot Office 365 issues.
- Plan and implement identity federation between on-premises AD DS and Azure AD.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, configuring, and managing an Office 365 environment. Students who attend this course are expected to have a fairly broad understanding of several on-premises technologies such as Domain Name System (DNS) and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). In addition, they should have a general understanding of Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Lync Server or Skype for Business Server, and Microsoft SharePoint Server.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Planning and provisioning Microsoft Office 365 (7 topics)
- Overview of Office 365
- Provisioning an Office 365 tenant
- Planning a pilot deployment
- Lab : Provisioning Office 365
- Configuring an Office 365 tenant
- Configuring a custom domain
- Exploring the Office 365 administrator interfaces
Managing Microsoft Office 365 users and groups (12 topics)
- Managing user accounts and licenses
- Managing passwords and authentication
- Managing security groups in Office 365
- Managing Office 365 users and groups with Windows PowerShell
- Configuring administrative access
- Lab : Managing Office 365 users and passwords
- Managing Office 365 users and licenses by using the Office 365 admin center
- Managing Office 365 password policies
- Lab : Managing Office 365 groups and administration
- Managing Office 365 groups
- Managing Office 365 users and groups by using Windows PowerShell
- Configuring delegated administrators
Configuring client connectivity to Microsoft Office 365 (7 topics)
- Planning for Office 365 clients
- Planning connectivity for Office 365 clients
- Configuring connectivity for Office 365 clients
- Lab : Configuring client connectivity to Office 365
- Configuring DNS records for Office 365 clients
- Running the Office 365 connectivity analyzer tools
- Connecting Office 2016 clients
Planning and configuring directory synchronization (7 topics)
- Planning and preparing for directory synchronization
- Implementing directory synchronization by using Azure AD Connect
- Managing Office 365 identities with directory synchronization
- Lab : Planning and configuring directory synchronization
- Preparing for directory synchronization
- Configuring directory synchronization
- Managing Active Directory users and groups
Planning and deploying Office 365 ProPlus (8 topics)
- Overview of Office 365 ProPlus
- Planning and managing user-driven Office 365 ProPlus deployments
- Planning and managing centralized deployments of Office 365 ProPlus
- Office telemetry and reporting
- Lab : Deploying Office 365 ProPlus
- Preparing an Office 365 ProPlus managed installation
- Managing user-driven Office 365 ProPlus installations
- Managing Centralized Office 365 ProPlus installations
Planning and managing Exchange Online recipients and permissions (8 topics)
- Overview of Exchange Online
- Managing Exchange Online recipientsPlanning and configuring Exchange Online permissions
- Lab : Managing Exchange Online recipients and permissions
- Configuring Exchange Online recipients
- Configuring delegated administration
- Describe Exchange Online.
- Manage Exchange Online recipients.
- Plan and configure delegated administration.
Planning and configuring Microsoft Exchange Online services (13 topics)
- Planning and configuring email flow in Office 365
- Planning and configuring email protection in Office 365
- Planning and configuring client access policies
- Migrating to Exchange Online
- Lab : Configuring message transport in Exchange Online
- Configuring message transport settings
- Lab : Configuring email protection and client policies
- Configuring email protection
- Configuring client access policies
- Plan and configure email flow in Office 365.
- Plan and configure antimalware and anti-spam settings in Office 365.
- Plan and configure policies for Exchange Online clients.
- Plan and configure a migration to Exchange Online.
Planning and deploying Microsoft Teams (10 topics)
- Teams Explained
- Deploying Teams
- Authentication and Access
- Transitioning Skype For Buisness to Microsoft Teams
- Management and Reporting
- Lab: Teams Overview
- Manage Meeting Settings
- Manage Messaging Policies
- Manage Voice Settings
- Manage Org-Wide Settings
Planning and configuring SharePoint Online (10 topics)
- Configuring SharePoint Online services
- Planning and configuring SharePoint site collections
- Planning and configuring external user sharing
- Lab : Configuring SharePoint Online
- Configuring SharePoint Online settings
- Creating and configuring a SharePoint Online site collection
- Configuring and verifying external user sharingConfigure
- Configure SharePoint Online services.
- Plan and configure SharePoint Online site collections.
- Plan and configure external user sharing.
Planning and configuring a Office 365 collaboration solution (7 topics)
- Planning and managing Yammer Enterprise
- Planning and configuring OneDrive for Business
- Configuring Office 365 groups
- Lab : Planning and configuring an Office 365 collaboration solution
- Configuring a Yammer Enterprise
- Configuring OneDrive for Business
- Configuring Office 365 groups
Planning and configuring security and compliance in Office 365 (6 topics)
- Overview of the compliance features in Office 365
- Planning and configuring Azure rRights Mmanagement in Office 365
- Managing the compliance features in Office 365
- Lab : Configuring Rrights Mmanagement and compliance
- Configuring rights management in Office 365
- Configuring compliance features
Monitoring and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 365 (5 topics)
- Troubleshooting Office 365
- Monitoring Office 365 service health
- Lab : Monitoring and troubleshooting Office 365
- Monitoring Office 365
- Monitoring service health and analyzing reports
Planning and configuring identity federation (12 topics)
- Understanding identity federation
- Planning an AD FS deployment
- Deploy AD FS for identity federation with Office 365
- Planning and implementing hybrid solutions (Optional)
- Lab : Planning and configuring identity federation
- Deploying Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Web Application
- Configuring federation with Office 365
- Verifying single sign-on (SSO)
- Describe how identity federation works, and how AD FS can be used to implement identity federation.
- Plan an AD FS deployment to support identify federation with Office 365.
- Deploy AD FS to enable SSO for Office 365.
- Describe hybrid solutions for Exchange Server, Skype for Business Server, and SharePoint Server.
- A minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with AD DS.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with name resolution, including DNS.
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell.
- Experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or later, Lync Server 2013 or Skype for Business Server 2015, and SharePoint Server 2013 or later is beneficial but not required.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Virtual Classroom (Attend From Anywhere)
London - Old Broad Street
Virtual Classroom (Virtual On-Line)
Zoom Virtual Centre