Implementing Automation for Cisco Data Center Solutions
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The Implementing Automation for Cisco Data Center Solutions (DCAUI) course teaches you how to implement Cisco® Data Center automated solutions including programming concepts, orchestration, and automation tools. Through a combination of lessons and hands-on practice, you will manage the tools and learn the benefits of programmability and automation in the Cisco-powered Data Center. You will examine Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI®), software-defined networking (SDN) for data center and cloud networks, Cisco Nexus® (Cisco NX-OS) platforms for device-centric automation, and Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS®) for Data Center compute.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Review Cisco ACI fundamental concepts and GUI workflows, and create the case for implementing automation
- Introduce the Cisco ACI REST API, the tools already available on the Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC), and understand basic API interaction using Postman
- Understand the functionality provided by the Python ACI libraries and write scripts that apply configuration and verify state on the Cisco ACI fabric
- Understand Cisco ACI Ansible modules, build playbooks that apply Infrastructure-as-Code concepts to Cisco ACI tenant configuration, and generate a health report using Ansible
- Understand Cisco ACI Apps Center integration and the benefits of integrating Kubernetes infrastructure with Cisco ACI
- Understand the API types and capabilities available on Cisco Nexus product family
- Understand Day 0 operations and how Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP), PowerOn Auto Provisioning (POAP), and enhanced Pre-boot eXecution Environment (iPXE) fulfill these goals with their respective tooling
- Understand functionality provided by the on-box tooling on the Cisco Nexus series switches and implement simple solutions to improve daily operation
- Use Python and Ansible to leverage the NX-API to implement and verify configuration state using modern workflows
- Understand the paradigm shift of Model-Driven Telemetry and explore a fully set up pipeline for data collection and analysis
Individuals looking to understand how to implement automated solutions in a Cisco Data Center.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (14 topics)
- Describing the Cisco ACI Policy Model
- Describing the Cisco APIC REST API
- Using Python to Interact with the ACI REST API
- Using Ansible to Automate Cisco ACI
- Describing Cisco ACI Apps Center and Kubernetes Integration
- Introducing Cisco NX-OS Programmability
- Describing Day-Zero Provisioning with Cisco NX-OS
- Implementing On-Box Programmability and Automation with Cisco NX-OS
- Implementing Off-Box Programmability and Automation with Cisco NX-OS
- Understanding Model-Driven Telemetry
- Automating Cisco UCS Using Developer Tools
- Implementing Workflows Using Cisco UCS Director
- Describing Cisco DCNM
- Describing Cisco Intersight
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic programming language concepts
- Basic understanding of virtualization and VMware
- Ability to use Linux and command line interface (CLI) tools, such as Secure Shell (SSH) and bash
- CCNP level data center knowledge
- Foundational understanding of Cisco ACI
- DCCOR - Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies
- DCFNDU - Understanding Cisco Data Center Foundations
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies
This 5-day course provides delegates with the skills required to design, deploy and Cisco data center infrastructure.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Understanding Cisco Data Center Foundations
This 5-day course provides an introduction to Cisco technologies that are deployed in the data center
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.