Deploying Advanced Cisco Wireless LANs
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course is a follow on to the WDBWL course and has been designed to enable network planners and administrators to deploy an efficient wireless LAN (WLAN) advanced enterprise solution. To accomplish this, the course is designed to provide the learner with a better understanding and appreciation of the complexities involved in efficiently supporting, client mobility,network efficiency, areas of high client density, high availability, advanced guest networking, and IPv6 support.
Features released in code 7.6, 8.0 and 8.1 are incorporated in this course.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Differentiate the characteristics of a unified wireless LAN architecture and configure and test the controllers, access points and basic features
- Describe the procedures to configure Layer 2 and Layer 3 roaming
- Describe the procedure to configure QoS on the network to optimize audio and video flows
- Describe the process to configure Cisco Unified Wireless using IPv6
- Perform routine maintenance, network monitoring, and common troubleshooting tasks on the Cisco wireless LAN
This course is designed for engineers responsible for the planning, deployment and management of the advanced functions of an enterprise WLAN using lightweight access points with controllers.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Client Mobility Between Subnets (3 topics)
- Understanding Same Subnet Roaming
- Understanding Inter-subnet Mobility
- Identifying Advanced Mobility Issues
Wireless Guest Networks (3 topics)
- Providing Advanced Guest Access
- Implementing Local Policies and Client Profiling
- Implementing Cisco CMX Visitor Connect
Wireless High Availability (2 topics)
- Describing Wireless High Availability
- Enhancing Wireless High Availability
Implementing IPv6 Support (2 topics)
- Configuring Clients for IPv6
- Configuring the Infrastructure for IPv6
Network Efficiency (4 topics)
- Configuring Quality of Service
- Implementing Video over Wi-Fi
- Implementing VideoStream In A FlexConnect Deploy
- Integrating the WLC with MS Lync SDN
High Density Deployment Challenges (2 topics)
- Understanding the Effects of Client Density on a Wireless Network
- Planning for Areas of High Client Density
Introduction to Mesh Networks (2 topics)
- Describing Wireless Mesh Networks - Overview
- Implementing Wireless Mesh Networks - Overview
Appendix (1 topic)
- Service Provider and PMIPv6
Labs (5 topics)
- Lab 1: Connecting to the remote labs
- Lab 2: Monitoring WLC QoS on the Switch Infrastructure
- Lab 3: Implementing CMX Visitor Connect
- Lab 4: Implementing Social Auth CMX Visitor Connect
- Lab 5: Configuring IPv6
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Viewed - WLE - Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials available from CLN or a Cisco learning partner
- Attended WDBWL Deploying Basic Cisco Wireless LANs
- CCNA or equivalent.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Deploying Basic Cisco Wireless LANs
This 3-day course provides a firm understanding of the Cisco Unified Wireless Networking for enterprise deployment scenarios.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.