Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This three-day intensive course is fully accredited and provides you with a thorough understanding of the latest ITIL Practitioner Guidance on 'how' to start to adopt and adapt ITIL best practice successfully in your organisation.
This focused course is not designed to be a simple stepping stone from Foundation to the Intermediates. Its aim is to go well beyond the ‘what and the why’, providing advanced learning for SM professionals, so that they can be more effective in their roles. To achieve this goal, the course has been designed to provide delegates with learning and insights on how individuals can actually implement and improve service management practices within an organisation, based upon the AXELOS ITIL Practitioner guidance and associated toolkit. It requires delegates to consider various aspects of improvement approaches, and expects them to have completed the pre-course reading before attending.
By working with world-class organisations, we are uniquely able to bring you a course that will give you the best opportunity to develop your service management career and enable you to have the essential skills to apply ITIL in your organisation.
As this is an intensive course, there will be homework assignments each evening to consolidate the learning.
*Please note that since this course is additive to the existing Intermediate ITIL courses, this course can be taken irrespective of whether a delegate has taken or intends to take further ITIL Intermediate courses.
By attending the ITIL Practitioner course, candidates should be able to apply and understand 'how' to use ITIL guidance to deliver service improvement within their organisations.
Specifically delegates will:
- Be able to use IT Service Management concepts that are important drivers of continual service improvement.
- Be able to apply the ITSM guiding principles in a real-world context.
- Be able to apply the CSI approach to manage improvements in a given organizational context.
- Be able to use metrics and measurement to enable continual service improvement.
- Be able to communicate effectively to enable continual service improvement.
- Be able to apply organizational change management to support continual service improvement.
If taking an exam, candidates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Service Management Concepts (2 topics)
- Adopt and Adapt
- VOCR - Value, outcomes, costs and risks
Guiding Principles (9 topics)
- Focus on value
- Design for experience
- Start where you are
- Work holistically
- Progress iteratively
- Observe directly
- Be transparent
- Keep it Simple
Service improvement Approach (6 topics)
- What is the vision?
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- How do we get there?
- How do we know we've arrived?
- How do we keep the momentum going?
Organizational Change Management (OCM) (7 topics)
- What is OCM?
- Sources of resistance
- People transition
- Stakeholder management
- Sponsor management
- Resistance management
Metrics and Measurements (5 topics)
- CSFs and KPIs
- Metric cascades and hierarchies
- Metric categories
Communication (5 topics)
- Issues caused by poor communication
- Benefits of good communication
- Communication essentials
- Communication principles
- Communication types
Possesion of one of the following is mandatory. Proof of prerequisites MUST be produced on the day of the exam to the trainer.
- ITIL v3 or 2011 Foundation
- ITIL v2 Foundation and v2/v3 Foundation Bridge.
Acceptable forms of prerequisite confirmation are as follows:
- A copy of the candidates examination certificate
- Confirmed entry in the AXELOS Successful Candidate Register. You will need to provide the full SCR number (registration/candidate number located on your certificate).
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - ITILV3 training course covers the five core fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.