Oracle Database 12c R2: PL/SQL Fundamentals
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This Oracle Database: PL/SQL Fundamentals training introduces you to PL/SQL. It helps you understand the benefits of this powerful programming language, while teaching you real-world scenarios where these lessons can be applied.
Benefits to You:
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
Gain Experience through Hands-On Practice:
In this course, you'll learn from expert Oracle instructors, then engage in demonstrations and hands-on practice to reinforce the fundamental concepts. You'll use Oracle SQL Developer to develop these program units. SQL*Plus is introduced as optional tools.
- Describe the features and syntax of PL/SQL.
- Design a PL/SQL anonymous block that executes efficiently.
- Write PL/SQL code to interface with the database.
- Use PL/SQL programming constructs and conditionally control code flow (loops, control structures, and explicit cursors
- Handle runtime errors.
- Describe stored procedures and functions.
- Apply declaring identifiers and trapping exceptions.
- Create PL/SQL blocks of application code that can be shared by multiple forms, reports and data management applications.
- PL/SQL Developer
- System Analysts
- Technical Consultant
- Forms Developer
- Portal Developer
Please note that Oracle courses running at London training centres are subject to a 10% surcharge.
Introduction to PL/SQL (3 topics)
- Understanding the benefits and structure of PL/SQL
- Examining PL/SQL Blocks
- Generating output messages in PL/SQL
Declaring PL/SQL Identifiers (5 topics)
- Identify valid and invalid identifiers
- Declare and initialize variables
- List and describe various data types
- Identify the benefits of using the %TYPE attribute
- Declare, use, and print bind variables
Writing Executable Statements (8 topics)
- List Lexical Units in a PL/SQL Block
- Use SQL Functions in PL/SQL
- Use Data Type Conversion
- Use Nested Blocks as Statements
- Reference an Identifier Value in a Nested Block
- Qualify an Identifier with a Label
- Use Operators in PL/SQL
- Using Sequences in PL/SQL Expressions
Using SQL Statements within a PL/SQL Block (7 topics)
- Identify and use the SQL Statements in PL/SQL
- Retrieve Data in PL/SQL with the SELECT statement
- Avoid Errors by Using Naming Conventions When Using Retrieval and DML Statements
- Manipulate Data in the Server Using PL/SQL
- The SQL Cursor concept
- Use SQL Cursor Attributes to Obtain Feedback on DML
- Save and Discard Transactions
Writing Control Structures (5 topics)
- Control PL/SQL Flow of Execution
- Conditional processing Using IF and CASE Statements
- Handle Nulls to Avoid Common Mistakes
- Build Boolean Conditions with Logical Operators
- Use Iterative Control with Looping Statements
Working with Composite Data Types (4 topics)
- Learn the Composite Data Types of PL/SQL Records and Tables
- Use PL/SQL Records to Hold Multiple Values of Different Type
- Inserting and Updating with PL/SQL Records
- Use INDEX BY Tables to Hold Multiple Values of the Same Data Type
Using Explicit Cursors (8 topics)
- Define Cursors
- Explain Explicit Cursor Operations
- Controlling Explicit Cursors
- Use Explicit Cursors to Process Rows
- Cursors and Records
- Cursor FOR Loops Using Subqueries
- Explicit Cursor Attributes
- The %NOTFOUND and %ROWCOUNT Attributes
Exception Handling (8 topics)
- Define Exception
- Handling Exceptions with PL/SQL
- Predefined Exceptions
- Trapping Predefined and Non-predefined Oracle Server Errors
- Functions that Return Information on Encountered Exceptions
- Trapping User-Defined Exceptions
- Propagate Exceptions
- Basic RAISE Statement
Creating Stored Procedures and Functions (7 topics)
- Overview of Stored Procedures and Functions
- Differentiate between anonymous blocks and subprograms
- Show the CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE FUNCTION
- Understand the Header Area of a Stored Procedure and Function
- Create Simple Procedures and Functions
- Create a Simple Procedure with an IN Parameter
- Execute a Procedure and a Function
Introduction (5 topics)
- Course Objectives, Course Agenda and Class Account Information
- Describe the Human Resources (HR) Schema
- Identify the Appendices Used in this Course
- Introduction to PL/SQL Development Environments
- Oracle Database 12c SQL Documentation and Additional Resources
- Familiarity with data processing concepts and technique
- Familiarity with programming languages
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|