ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certificate
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
ISTQB® (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) has defined the 'ISTQB® Certified Tester' scheme that has become the world-wide leader in the certification of competences in software testing. This four day instructor-led course includes a combination of tutorials, exercises and practical work, as well as exam preparation.
The examination is held at an agreed later date, so allowing adequate time for revision. It is fully-accredited by BCS/UKTB on behalf of ISTQB and has been rated SFIAplus level 5 by the BCS. It is based on the latest 2012 syllabus from the ISTQB, with many real world practical examples.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Structure the tasks defined in the test strategy in terms of technical requirements
- Analyse the internal structure of the system in sufficient detail to meet the expected quality level
- Evaluate the system in terms of technical quality attributes such as performance, security etc
- Prepare and execute the adequate test activities, and report on their progress
- Conduct technical testing activities
- Prepare the necessary evidence to support evaluations
- Implement the necessary tools and techniques to achieve the defined goals
The Advanced Level qualification is appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, either directly such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers or indirectly such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants
This course includes the cost of your Pearson Vue exam. Once you have completed your course and are ready to sit your exam please register with www.pearsonvue.com and check availability at your chosen test centre. Then please contact us and we will book your exam for you.
To qualify as an internationally-recognized Certified Advanced Level Test Analyst and be issued with an ISTQB® Advanced Level Certificate, delegates must successfully pass the exam administered by the BCS on behlf of the ISTQB.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Testing Process (9 topics)
- The Fundamental Test Process
- Testing in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Test Planning, Monitoring and Control
- Test Analysis
- Test Design
- Test Implementation
- Test Execution
- Evaluating Exit Criteria and Reporting
- Test Closure Activities
Test Management: Responsibilities for the Test Analyst (3 topics)
- Test Progress Monitoring and Control
- Distributed, Outsourced and Insourced Testing
- The Test Analyst's Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
Test Design Techniques (3 topics)
- Specification-Based Techniques
- Defect-Based Techniques
- Experience-Based Techniques
Testing Software Quality Characteristics (2 topics)
- Software Testing Quality Standards
- Quality Characteristics for Business Domain Testing
Reviews (2 topics)
- Importance of Review preparation
- Using Checklists in Reviews
Defect Management (4 topics)
- When Can a Defect be Detected?
- Defect Report Fields
- Defect Classification
- Root Cause Analysis
Test Tools (1 topic)
- Test Tools and Automation
- Successful completion of the ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level is a pre-requisite to taking an Advanced Certificate examination and it is suggested that candidates have a minimum of 3 years testing experience.
- Candidates may find the BCS Intermediate Certificate a useful bridge between Foundation and Advanced though it is not mandatory
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.