ISTQB Combined Software Testing Foundation and Agile Extension
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This 5-day combined course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in software testing to gain a solid understanding of the basic concepts of software testing in both traditional and Agile environments. It is accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS), and follows the syllabuses specified by the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB®).
The first three days covers the very successful Software Testing Foundation syllabus covering the fundamentals of testing: definitions of testing standards, planning, managing the lifecycle, reviews and the tools available. Techniques for creating tests are described and practised. The first three days culminates in a one-hour multiple choice examination for the BCS Foundation Certificate in Software Testing. Successful delegates will also gain the ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level, a globally recognised qualification.
The last two days cover the syllabus of the Agile Tester - Foundation Level Extension course designed for professionals who are working within Agile environments. It is also for professionals who are planning to start implementing Agile methods in the near future, or are working within companies that plan to do so, The course provides an advantage for those who would like to know the required Agile activities, roles, methods, and methodologies specific to their role.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain the terminology associated with the ISTQB understand the principles and psychology of testing
- Describe verification, validation and the steps in the testing lifecycle produce a project test plan
- Understand the test management lifecycle
- Produce test designs using equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis and state transition techniques
- Use static techniques to assess quality and coverage appreciate the different tools available for automating testing
- The Fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- The different agile approaches
The course is aimed at the following groups of professionals:
Anyone currently involved in testing or about to move into a testing role
Professionals who have achieved in-depth testing experience in traditional methods and would like to attain the ISTQB Certified Tester - Foundation Level and the Agile Tester Certification
Junior professional testers who are just starting in the testing profession, and would like to know more about the tester's role in an traditional and Agile environment.
Professionals who are relatively new to testing and are required to implement test approaches, methods and techniques in their day to day job.
Professionals who are experienced in their role (including unit testing) and need more understanding and knowledge about how to perform and manage testing on all levels in Agile projects.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Day 1 - Day 3: Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (12 topics)
- Fundamentals of Testing
- Testing terminology; General testing principles; Why testing is necessary; Fundamental test process; The psychology of testing.
- Testing Throughout the Lifecycle
- Models for testing; Component, System Integration and Acceptance testing; Maintenance testing; Non-functional system testing; Functional system testing.
- Static Techniques
- Reviews and the test process; Costs and benefits of reviews; Types of review: Walkthrough, technical review, inspections, informal review; Static analysis
- Test Design Techniques
- Black and White box testing; Black box test techniques including equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis and state transition testing; White box test techniques including statement and decision testing; Experience-based techniques; Choosing test techniques
- Test management
- Organisation; Project test plan; Configuration management; Test estimation: Inclusion in project schedule; Monitoring and control; Tracking progress and deviations from plan; Incident management: Logging, tracking and analysis; Risk and testing.
- Test tools
- Types of test tool; Requirements testing; Static analysis; Test design; Data preparation; Capture/replay; Test running; Test harnesses, drivers and simulators; Performance testing; Dynamic analysis; Debugging; Comparison; Test management; Coverage measurement; Effective use, benefits and risk; Introducing a tool into an organization.
Day 4 & Day 5: Foundation Level Extension - Agile Tester (6 topics)
- Understand the fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- How the various agile approaches differ and understanding the concepts of the Agile Manifesto; How the tester needs to adapt in the agile process for maximum effectiveness; Apply the various aspects relating to agile, such as: Writing and reviewing User Stories, Working in a continuous integrated environment and Performing agile retrospectives to improve the process
- Apply the fundamental Agile testing principles, practices and processes
- How testing differs when working in an agile lifecycle compared to a more traditional lifecycle; How to work in a highly collaborative and integrated environment; How independent testing can be used within an agile project; How to report progress and the quality of the product to business stakeholders; Understand the role and skills of a tester within an agile team.
- Know the key testing methods, techniques and tools to use within an Agile project
- Understand Test Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Driven Development (ADD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and the concepts of the Test Pyramid; Perform the role of a tester within a Scrum team: Perform test estimation and assess product quality risks within an agile project, Interpret the information produced during an agile project to support test activities, Write ADD test cases, Write test cases for both functional and non-functional user stories; Execute exploratory testing within an agile project; Recognise the various tools available to the tester for the various agile activities
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.