Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
DevOps is an emerging practice supporting fast, sustainable software delivery and infrastructure changes through automation while encouraging collaboration of development and operations teams.
This five day DevOps Practitioner course is designed to give delegates from both teams experience in deploying modern, large scale complex systems in the cloud using a DevOps tools chain to create an end to end pipeline supporting continuous integration, configuration management, system provisioning, containerisation, continuous deployment, continuous delivery and continuous monitoring of software delivery and infrastructure changes.
Day one is an introduction to what DevOps is and how the tools we use can help in its realisation. We then look at cloud-based systems and beginning our pipeline by building and managing a distributed version control system for code collaboration using git.
Day two is concerned with continuous integration and deployment whereby we will automate the testing and packaging of code changes made in a git repository using Jenkins.
Day three focuses on containerisation of code, automating the creation of sustainable and deployable environments using Docker and container orchestration with Docker-compose.
Day four moves onto automation of configuration management and rapid infrastructure provisioning. Terraform and Puppet will be added to the tool chain to support high site reliability.
The final day will consist of continuous monitoring with Zabbix and maintaining the support of a healthy infrastructure.
This course is aimed at people both on the developer and operations side of the DevOps movement.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Day 1: (3 topics)
- Introduction to DevOps - the pillars of the movement
- Devops Tools
- Introduction to cloud computing and AWS
Day 2: (5 topics)
- Introduction to build managers with maven
- building projects based on archetypes
- Introduction to CI/CD Using Jenkins to build projects
- Linking Jenkins to git repositories
- Automating the build and deployment processes
Day 3: (5 topics)
- What is containerisation
- Introduction to Docker
- Using Jenkins to set off Docker containerisation
- Deploying Docker containers
- Orchestrating the deployment of containers on nodes using Docker-compose
Day 4: (6 topics)
- Orchestration and Automation of configuration
- Introduction to Puppet
- Using Puppet to deploy configuration changes
- Introduction into Terraform
- Using Terraform to rapidly provision cloud services
- Combining Jenkins, containers, Puppet and Terraform
Day 5: (4 topics)
- Monitoring and optimisation
- Introduction to Zabbix
- Installing and using Zabbix
- Registering new servers with Zabbix
Some experience as either a developer, operations or DevOps
Comfortable with basic terminal commands in Linux - delegates must have knowledge to the level of Linux Fundamentals course
Understand the concepts of source control
Experience using git
Experience of using the windows command line
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
This 5-day course provides the skills needed to work productively in a LINUX environment to develop and customise shell programs.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.