Red Hat Configuration Management with Puppet course with Expertise Exam
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course will cover case studies involving Red Hat products that use Puppet: Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack® Platform and Red Hat Satellite. Key Puppet concepts will be introduced, including language constructs, modules, classes, and resources. This course will cover the deployment of Puppet server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the deployment of Puppet as a client.
Configuration Management with Puppet (DO4065) is designed for system administrators and cloud administrators who intend to implement Puppet as integrated with Red Hat® products in an operations environment or a cloud computing environment as well as take the exam EX405 at the end of the course.
This course is on Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 7 and Red Hat Satellite 6.
All delegates booking onto a Red Hat course will need to provide their unique Red Hat Network ID. Bookings without a Red Hat Network ID will not be confirmed by Red Hat and may subject to cancellation. More information available here from Red Hat or contact us directly.
Please note that you will not be permitted to sit any exam without photographic ID (e.g. passport or driving license).
Delegates will learn how to
- Write Puppet manifests that utilize a variety of Puppet DSL resources.
- Deploy a GIT repository and use it to maintain Puppet modules.
- Write Puppet modules that deploy and configure network services.
- Configure a Puppet master and client nodes.
- Implement Puppet configuration management in a DevOps environment.
- Use Red Hat Satellite 6 to manage client configurations with Puppet.
System administrators and cloud administrators responsible for the management of systems and cloud client systems on either Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform or Red Hat Satellite.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course introduction (1 topic)
- Introduction to the course.
Identify system administration functions in Puppet (1 topic)
- Identify system administration functions in Puppet code.
Puppet architecture (1 topic)
- Describe the Puppet architecture and describe a state model.
Implement a Puppet manifest (1 topic)
- Build, validate, and deploy a Puppet manifest.
Troubleshoot Puppet manifests (1 topic)
- Find documentation and diagnose errors in Puppet manifests.
Implement Git (1 topic)
- Implement Git to manage software.
Find information with Facter (1 topic)
- View information about systems using Facter.
Implement Puppet modules (1 topic)
- Create Puppet modules and implement classes in a manifest.
Implement relationships in a Puppet module (1 topic)
- Implement namespaces, relationships, and dependencies in a Puppet module.
Implement variables and conditionals in a Puppet module (1 topic)
- Implement variables and conditionals in a Puppet module.
Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet (1 topic)
- Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet code.
Implement Puppet (1 topic)
- Deploy and configure a Puppet master and a Puppet client.
Implement external Puppet modules (1 topic)
- Implement Puppet modules from Puppet Forge.
Implement Puppet in a DevOps environment (1 topic)
- Implement Puppet in a DevOps environment.
Implement Puppet in Red Hat Satellite 6 (1 topic)
- Implement Puppet in a Red Hat Satellite 6 environment.
Delegates to be a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or have equivalent experience.