Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This course is designed to give an understanding regarding the Machine-2-Machine (M2M) environment and the move toward the Internet of Things (IoT). During the course we will investigate the requirements to support M2M including the engineering and commercial aspects.
Investigating the present positioning of M2M environments and how this technology is supported within a mobile service provider’s network, we will also explore the case for selling this rather niche arena of expertise.
Already in transition the next stage is to move towards the Internet of Things (IoT) and we will explain the M2M and IoT value chains from a market perspective.
M2M & IoT will both be explored in a global context using “use case” examples, eventually evolving into an emerging industrial structure with international-driven global value chain and global information monopolies,
From an engineering perspective we will describe the M2M and IoT architectural overview and describe the reference models for both architectures.
All instruction will be accompanied by “use case” examples, showing all aspects including; Asset Management, Hazardous Goods handling, Service-oriented integration, SOCRADES & IMC-AESOP and the Smart Grid.
By the end of this course the delegate will be able to;
- Explain the general concept of M2M technology
- Understand the M2M Industry Maturity
- Understand the Access & Core network requirements for M2M
- Understand the concept of the IoT
- Understand Horizontal Service Platforms & Related KPIs
- List the potential M2M Market Environment
- Understand the Drivers & Barriers for Market Adoption
- List the M2M Value Chain
- Understand the M2M ETSI Specification approach
- Understand Smart Metering as an example service
- M2M Service Requirements per Market Sector
This course is targeted at engineers, support staff, sales staff and managers who require a high-level understanding of the technologies involved in supporting M2M and the use of IoT technologies.
No previous experience of IoT or M2M is required but a good basic understanding of wireless technologies, cellular and fixed line communications would be advantageous.
Introduction to M2M (4 topics)
- What is M2M?
- The Business of M2M
- Accelerating M2M Maturity
- M2M Standards
The Business of M2M (7 topics)
- The M2M Market
- The M2M Market Adoption; Drivers & Barriers
- The M2M Value Chain
- Market Size Projections
- Business Model
- M2M Business Metrics
- Market Evolution
Lessoned learned from early M2M deployments (1 topic)
- Early M2M Operational deployments
The Internet of Things (IoT) (4 topics)
- Key Applications of the Internet of Things
- The Smart Grid
- Electric Vehicle Charging
- Plus much more......
M2M Architectures & Protocols (8 topics)
- High-Level Architectural Principles
- Use Case Driven Approach
- Smart Metering
- High-Level Summary of Different Market Segments
- Traffic Models - Considerations for Network Architecture Design
- M2M Traffic Characteristics
- High Level Architecture Principles for M2M Communications
ETSI M2M Services Architecture (5 topics)
- High Level System Architecture
- ETSI TC M2M Service Capabilities Framework
- ETSI TC M2M Release 1 Scenarios
- Introducing REST Architectural Style for M2M
- ETSI TC M2M Resource-based M2M Communication & Procedures
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.