Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
A 1-day seminar explaining the basis of G.655 fibres and issues pertinent to their deployment and testing in the field. This course is intended for:
• Managers and engineers in telecoms companies keen to keep up to date with the fast moving developments in fibre optics.
• Sales and marketing personnel for telecoms companies.
• Product managers and marketing personnel for optical fibre component & equipment manufacturers.
• Contractors to telecoms companies who must be aware of industry developments.
Introduction (2 topics)
- Development of G.655 fibres
- Advantages & disadvantages
Theory (3 topics)
- Chromatic dispersion principles
- DWDM issues
- NZDF designs
G.655 Fibre Types (2 topics)
- OFS Truewave
- Corning LEAF and others
Installing G.655 Fibres (3 topics)
- MDF mismatch effects
- OTDR traces
Equipment Compatibility (2 topics)
- G.655 or G.652 based?
- Vendor specific?
Pigtails & Test Leads (1 topic)
- Where should the transition from G.655 link to G.652 equipment be?
Standards & Specifications (1 topic)
- The G.655 standard - specifications & testing requirements
Overview of G.654 & G.656 (1 topic)
- Characteristics of G.654 submarine fibre & new G.656 CWDM fibre
Basic appreciation of fibre optics
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Fibre Optics Introduction
A 3-day Training Course on Fibre Optics Introduction Training Course; OCN, Level 2 QCA Accredited. technology & concepts, and some hands on components.