This course has been retired. Please view currently available WiMAX Training Courses.
Introduction (17 topics)
- Telecommunication Networks
- Replacing the PSTN
- Objections to Wireless Networks
- Interference Mitigation
- Economic Advantage of WiMAX Networks
- Regulatory Aspects of Wireless Networks
- Improved Quality of Service
- Disruptive Technology
- Disruption for Telephone Companies
- Disruption for Cable TV & Satellite TV Companies
- Disruption for Cell Phone Companies
- Disruption for the Backhaul Industry
The Physical Layer (7 topics)
- The function of the physical layer
- OFDM: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing
- TDD & FDD
- Adaptive Antenna Systems (AAS)
- WiMAX Variants
- OFDM Variants 2-11 GHz
- Single Carrier (SC) Variants
A basic understanding of telecommunications and some wireless experience would be an advantage.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Telecoms Fundamentals For Professionals
A four-day training course on Telecoms Fundamentals for Professionals. Covering fixed line, wireless, datacommunications, VOIP and Triple Play.
Understanding IP and Datanetworking
A 2-day Training Course on Understanding IP and Data Networking; overview of key concepts, protocols, and functions of the internet and IP services.