ATM Frame Relay and IP Integration
This course has been retired. Please view currently available data networking courses.
Review of ATM (2 topics)
- Principles of cell switching
- Virtual connections
Review of Frame Relay (3 topics)
- virtual paths and virtual channels
- ATM connection characteristics
- Point to point
ATM Frame Relay and IP Integration (3 topics)
- point to multipoint and soft permanent connections
- ATM header format
- ATM adaptation protocols
Building an IP Transmission Platform (1 topic)
ATM Forum IP over ATM (1 topic)
Review of IP Routeing (2 topics)
- ATM quality of service and service categories
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) (1 topic)
Differentiated Services (Diff-serv) (1 topic)
IPv6 considerations (2 topics)
- UBR etc.
- ATM signalling principles
Delegates are assumed to understand the basic principles and practices of data communications. Some exposure to the three technologies is desirable although not required.