Zenworks 7 Desktop Management Administration
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
ZENworks 7 Desktop Management Administration (Course 3062 v1.0) explores many key management features in Novell ZENworks 7 Desktop Management. Ideal for NetWare administrators—even those without prior ZENworks experience—this course focuses on basic administrative tasks, including the installation and configuration of ZENworks 7 Desktop Management services on Novell Open Enterprise Server—Linux. You will learn more about ZENworks policies, begin managing ZENworks objects in an eDirectory tree, perform application management (including distribution and packaging) and use a variety of other ZENworks features such as personality migration, workstation imaging and asset management.
Whether you're a ZENworks expert or new to the benefits of desktop management, this course provides valuable instruction. The audience for ZENworks 7 Desktop Management Administration (Course 3062 v1.0) includes a diverse group of professionals:
- ZENworks system administrators, integrators and engineers
- Networking consultants
- Reseller and partner technical-support staff
- New ZENworks customers
This course prepares you to take the Certified Novell Engineer (CNE) 6 certification exam.
For more information on courses required for CNE 6 certification, visit: www.novell.com/training/bytopic/cne.html
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Topics: (18 topics)
- Installing Novell ZENworks 7 Desktop Management
- Performing policy management
- Implementing server policy packages
- Automatically importing and removing workstations
- Implementing user policies
- Implementing workstation policies
- Distributing and packaging applications
- Performing application management
- Auditing and reporting on applications
- Performing distributed application management
- Managing Personality Migration services
- Imaging workstations with ZENworks 7
- Configuring ZENworks Patch Management services
- Configuring remote management
- Configuring workstation inventory and reporting
- Implementing ZENworks to solve problems at Digital Airlines (LiveFire exercise)
- Installing Novell ZENworks 7 Desktop Management on a NetWare server
- Exploring Novell Open Enterprise Server-Linux fundamentals
Before taking this course, you should have experience with Novell eDirectory 8.7.3 or later through training, testing or on-the-job experience. Basic experience with any networked Linux desktop or server is recommended but not required.