QOS: Implementing Cisco QOS
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This five-day course is designed to provide students with in-depth knowledge of IP QOS requirements, conceptual models using Differentiated Services (Diffserv), Integrated Services (IntServ) and Best Effort (over provisioning), and the implementation of IP QOS on Cisco IOS platforms. The curriculum covers the theory of IP QoS, design issues, and configuration of various QoS mechanisms to facilitate the creation of effective administrative policies providing QoS.
Case studies and lab exercises included in the course help students to apply the concepts mastered in individual modules to real-life scenarios.
The course also gives students design and usage rules for various advanced IP QoS features and the integration of IP QoS with underlying Layer 2 QoS mechanisms, allowing them to design and implement efficient, optimized, and trouble-free multi-service networks.
- Explain the need to implement QOS and explain methods for implementing and managing QOS
- Identify and describe different models used for ensuring QOS in a network and explain key IP QOS mechanisms used to implement these models
- Explain the use of MQC and AutoQOS to implement QOS
- Classify and Mark traffic to implement QOS a Policy
- Use Cisco queuing mechanisms to manage network congestion
- Use Cisco QoS traffic policing and traffic shaping mechanisms to effectively limit the rate of network traffic
QoS is part of the Cisco Professional Level IP and Voice Certifications as well as the Cisco Qualified Specialist Voice Specialisations.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to IP QoS (3 topics)
- Understanding the Need for QoS
- Understanding IP QoS
- Implementing IP QoS
The Building Blocks of IP QoS (4 topics)
- Identifying Models for implementing QoS
- Understanding the Differentiated Services Model
- Identifying IP QoS Mechanisms
- Understanding QoS in the Life of a Packet
Introduction to Modular QoS CLI and AutoQoS (2 topics)
- Introducing Modular QoS CLI
- Introducing AutoQoS
Classification and Marking (7 topics)
- Understanding Classification and Marking
- Using MQC for Classification
- Using MQC for Class-Based Marking
- Using NBAR for Classification
- Configuring QoS Pre-Classify
- Configuring QoS Policy Propagation through BGP
- Configuring LAN Classification and Marking
Congestion Management (5 topics)
- Introducing Queuing
- Understanding Queuing Implementations
- Introducing FIFO and WFQ
- CBWFQ and LLQ
- Configuring LAN Congestion Management
Congestion Avoidance (4 topics)
- Introducing Congestion Avoidance
- Introducing RED
- Configuring the Class-Based Weighted RED
- Configuring Explicit Congestion Notification
Traffic Policing and Shaping (4 topics)
- Understanding Traffic Policing and Shaping
- Configuring Class-Based Policing
- Configuring Class-Based Shaping
- Configuring Class-Based Shaping on Frame Relay Interfaces
Link Efficiency Mechanisms (3 topics)
- Understanding Link Efficiency Mechanisms
- Configuring Class-Based Header Compression
- Configuring Link Fragmentation and Interleaving
QoS Best Practices (3 topics)
- Understanding Traffic Classification Best Practices
- Deploying End-to-End QoS
- Valid CCNA
- BGP Attendance is recommended
- This course is aimed at network designers and engineers responsible for implementation and management of IP QOS and students seeking Cisco CCIP and CCVP Certification.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.