M2439: Scripting Using Microsoft Windows Management
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Windows 2000 Training Courses.
At the end of the course, students will be able to: (10 topics)
- Describe Windows Management Instrumentation and the Common Information Model (CIM).
- Use the WMI Software Developer Kit (SDK) Tools CIM Studio, WMI Event Registration, and WMI Event Viewer.
- Use the SDK documentation to research WMI classes.
- Describe the WMI Scripting API.
- Develop scripts that make local or remote connections to any WMI resources.
- Develop scripts that can efficiently query management data from local or remote resources.
- Develop scripts that can write to WMI local or remote resources.
- Describe the WMI event architecture.
- Develop scripts that can configure, monitor, and implement WMI events.
- Identify how they can apply WMI Scripting API scripts to access future resources that use Windows Management Instrumentation.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
M2433: MS Visual Basic Scripting Edition and Microsoft Windows Script Host Essentials
A 3-day Training Course on M2433: MS Visual Basic Scripting Edition and Microsoft Windows Script Host Essentials; learns skills to Develop real world scriptsScheduled Online Onsite