Cloud TV Fundamentals
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Cloud computing is an approach in which dynamically scalable and often virtualized resources are provided as a service over the Internet. CloudTV is the name given to similar services that provide the Ingest, Transcoding, Editing and delivery of content together with its organization and management. Delivery is often Over-The-Top (OTT) of the Internet using Adaptive Bitrate Streaming technology or may be “live” multicast deployed through private carrier multicast technology.
This course examines using demonstrations and hands-on exercises how Cloud TV services are provided by Cloud Service Providers as well as how operators and users can deploy these in place of in-house servers and resources.
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Identify the objectives and advantages of Cloud TV
- Describe the key features found in CloudTV Services
- Compare delivery methods used including OTT and IPTV Multicasting
- Deliver increased encoding efficiency using Cloud Services
- Define the security implications of Cloud TV Services
Service Designers, System Architects, Project Managers, TV Delivery Systems Engineers, Service Providers and those needing to appreciate the new concepts of CloudTV.
The Rise of the Cloud for TV and Video (9 topics)
- From Mainframe to Client-Server
- Software as a Service
- Virtualization of TV Services
- Software Defined Networks (SDN) and Network-Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Moving Video and TV Services to the Cloud
- The Value of Cloud Framework
- Typical Business Cases
- Viewer and customer perspective
- Hands-on exercise identifying candidate TV Cloud Services
Live Video Delivery Technology (6 topics)
- Live Television Delivery over IP
- Multicasting through a single AS
- Multicasting through Multiple operators
- Scheduling Play-out
- Ingesting Live Feeds
- Hands-on Demonstration of a Multicast Cloud Live Fed Playout
Over the Top Delivery (8 topics)
- Delivery over HTTP/ TCP/IP
- Throughput challenges and rate variation
- Adaptive Bitrate Streaming Process
- Manifests and Media Presentation Descriptions
- Packaging Programmes and Services
- Scaling to match the operator
- Content Delivery Options
- Hands-on examples of Adaptive Bitrate Streaming
Encoding and Packaging in the Cloud (5 topics)
- Packaging Requirements
- Multi-bitrate Encoding
- Scaling Across Multiple Servers
- Coordinating the Playout
The Viewer and the Player (9 topics)
- The TV Viewer Perspective
- Push Delivery
- Pull Delivery
- Delivery Platforms: Large Format TVs, Mobiles, Phones and Set-top Boxes
- Integration into the viewer service platform
- Web players
- Embedded players
- Scaling to Super HD and Ultra HD: 4K TV and 8K TV
- Demonstration of HEVC encoding of 4K content
Popular Services and Service Providers (7 topics)
Cloud Security (5 topics)
- Cloud Security Risk Overview
- Internal Threats
- External Threats
- Protecting the Content
- Security Standards for Common Encryption and DRM deployment
Evaluation and Review
This course assumes a basic understanding of IP and digital video broadcasting systems.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
DVB and MPEG Essentials
This introduction to Digital TV is a 5-day training course on DVB and MPEG-2, MPEG-4 / H.264 encoding, compression, and multiplexing within broadcast and IPTV systems.
TCP/IP and Networking Essentials for Broadcast Engineers
A 3-day training course covering TCP/IP and Networking Essentials for broadcast engineering audiences. The course includes IP, ethernet, SNMP, routing, switching and protocol analysis.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.