ITIL V2 Practitioner Certificate in Service Desk & Incident Management
This course has been retired. Please view currently available ITIL Training Courses.
This course contains the following content: (12 topics)
- Holders of the ISEB Practitioner Certificate in IT Service Management: Incident Management will be able to demonstrate their competence in, and their ability to:
- Plan for the implementation of the Service Desk and Incident Management
- Develop and improve the customer and business focus of the service desk and the Incident Management process
- Use the Incident Management process to manage incidents and their resolution by the Service Desk and all other areas
- Define Service Desk requirements and understand, select, develop and implement the most appropriate Service Desk solutions, technology and environment.
- Define, implement and manage the following activities: assess, prioritise and categorise incidents carry out incident analysis, identify and create incident records, diagnose the cause of incidents, identify incident resolutions, match incidents with other incidents and known errors, review and close incidents
- Define and agree incident categories and priorities in conjunction with Problem Management
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available for the implementation of Incident Management and the support of the Service Desk identifying and instigating improvementsAnalyse incident and incident reports and statistics to propose resolutions to reduce the number of incidents, by proactively identifying and preventing possible incidents, wherever possible
- Prepare Incident Management reports for distribution throughout the organisation.
- Co-ordinate, schedule, target and focus resources onresolution of the most appropriate incidents
- Understand the interdependencies between Incident Management and other IT and Service Management processes.
To be entered for the Practitioner's examination leading to the certificate, the candidate must fulfil three requirements: - Attend an accredited training course and complete the in-course assignment - Demonstrate at least one year's experience in the Incident Management process - Hold the foundation Certificate in IT Service Management Candidates taking the examination immediately following a course will be entered for the examination by the course provider. Those wishing to take the central examination should register direct with the ISEB, from whom the entry form can be obtained. In order to offer training leading to the Practitioner's Certificate, course providers must first be accredited by the ISEB. A list of accredited training providers is available on the ISEB web site or from the Examination Officer at the ISEB. The training may be offered in a variety of formats, but is most commonly available as a three-day course.