Understanding WiMAX Wireless
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This 2-day course has been designed to give engineers a good basic understanding of the technologies and functions associated with the 802.16 WiMAX wireless networks and the possible environments that a WiMAX may be deployed.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction (3 topics)
- Telecommunications networks
- WiMAX Markets
- Fixed, Nomadic and Mobile Users
WiMAX physical layer (5 topics)
- TDD & FDD
- OFDM, OFDMA and SOFDMA
- WiMAX Radio Bandwidths and Frequencies
- Modulation and FEC
- WiMAX and MIMO Antennas
The medium access control (MAC) layer (4 topics)
- The MAC & WiMAX architecture
- Service classes & QoS
- Service specific convergence sublayers
- Transmission convergence (TC) layer
How WiMAX works (7 topics)
- Channel acquisition
- Initial ranging & negotiation
- SS authentication & registration
- IP connectivity
- Radio link control (RLC)
- The UL
- Service flow
Quality of Service (QoS) on WiMAX (3 topics)
- The challenge
- QoS measures specific to the WiMAX specs
Dealing with interference with WiMAX (4 topics)
- Dealing with interference with WiMAX
- Countering interference
- Mitigating interference with antenna technology
Security & 802.16 WiMAX (1 topic)
- Security in WiMAX networks
WiMAX VoIP (5 topics)
- Objections to VoIP over WiMAX
- The QoS solution
- Architecture of WiMAX VoIP
WiMAX IPTV (3 topics)
- WISP WiMAX triple play
Regulatory aspects of WiMAX (1 topic)
- Operate licensed or unlicensed
How to dismantle a PSTN (5 topics)
- Immediate markets
- Secondary markets
- Economics of wireless in the enterprise
Appendix A – considerations in building wireless networks
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Radio Fundamentals Overview
This 1-day introductory course gives delegates an overview of Cellular systems and radio frequency technologies.
Understanding IP and Datanetworking
A 2-day Training Course on Understanding IP and Data Networking; overview of key concepts, protocols, and functions of the internet and IP services.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.