WiFi Wireless 802.11
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course has been designed to give engineers a good basic understanding of the technologies and functions associated with the 802 wireless LAN standards. A good basic understanding of wireless technologies is recommended before attending the course but some basic information will be covered.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Wireless Networks
Overview of 802.11 Networks (4 topics)
- 802.11 networks family tree
- Nomenclature & design
- Mobility support
802.11 MAC Fundamentals (5 topics)
- MAC access modes & timing
- Contention-based access using DCF
- Frame format
- Contention-based data service
802.11 Frame in Detail (4 topics)
- Data frames
- Control frames
- Management frames
Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) (4 topics)
- Cryptographic Background of WEP
- Problems with WEP
- Dynamic WEP
User Authentication with 802.1X (4 topics)
- Extensible authentication protocol
- EAP methods
802.11i Robust Security Networks, TKIP & CCMP (4 topics)
- Temporal key integrity protocol (TKIP)
- Counter mode with CBC-MAC (CCMP)
- Robust security network (RSN)
Management Operations (8 topics)
- Power conservation
- Timer synchronisation
- Spectrum management
Physical Layer Overview (5 topics)
- Physical layer architecture
- Radio link
- RF propagation with 802.11
- RF engineering with 802.11
Frequency Hopping (FH) PHY (5 topics)
- Frequency hopping transmission
- Gaussian frequency shift keying (GFSK)
- FH PHY convergence procedure (PLCP)
- Frequency hopping PMD sublayer
Direct Sequence PHY: DSSS & HR/DSSS (802.11b) (4 topics)
- Direct sequence transmission
- Differential phase shift keying (DPSK)
- The “original” direct sequence PHY
- Complementary code keying
802.11a & 802.11j: 5 GHz OFDM PHY (5 topics)
- Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM)
- OFDM as applied by 802.11a
- OFDM PLCP
- OFDM PMD
Using 802.11 Access Points (4 topics)
- General functions of an access point
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Selecting access points
- Cisco 1200 access point
Logical Wireless Network (4 topics)
- Evaluating a logical architecture
- Topology examples
- Choosing your logical architecture
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
CompTIA Network+ Certification Support Skills
A 5-day Training Course on Network+ Certification Support Skills 2015 Objectives; This practical course is intended for those wishing to qualify with Network+ Certification.
Hands On TCP/IP and Internet Protocols
A 4-day Training Course on Hands On TCP/IP and Internet Protocols; covers practical configuration & troubleshooting of TCP/IP within LANs and WANs.
Radio Principles Explained
A 3-day Training Course on Radio Principles Explained. Principles of RF, to aid planning design and maintenance, of modern radio linked communications.
Understanding IP and Datanetworking
A 2-day Training Course on Understanding IP and Data Networking; overview of key concepts, protocols, and functions of the internet and IP services.
ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2
A 5-day Training Course on ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2; Learn to Install, operate, & troubleshoot a small-medium office Enterprise network.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.