IPS: Implementing Cisco Intrusion Provention Systems v7
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Cisco Security Training Courses.
Intrusion Prevention Overview (4 topics)
- Explaining Intrusion Prevention
- Examining Cisco IPS Products
- Examining Cisco IPS Sensor Software Solutions
- Examining Evasive Techniques
Installation of a Cisco IPS 4200 Series Sensor (3 topics)
- Installing a Cisco IPS Sensor Using the CLI
- Using the Cisco IDM
- Configuring Basic Sensor Settings
Cisco IPS Signatures (3 topics)
- Configuring Cisco IPS Signatures and Alerts
- Examining the Signature Engines
- Customizing Signatures
Advanced Cisco IPS Configuration (5 topics)
- Performing Advanced Tuning of Cisco IPS Sensors
- Monitoring and Managing Alarms
- Configuring a Virtual Sensor
- Configuring Advanced
- Features Configuring Blocking
Additional Cisco IPS Devices (2 topics)
- Installing the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series IDSM-2
- Initializing the Cisco ASA AIP-SSM
Cisco IPS Sensor Maintenance (1 topic)
- Maintaining Cisco IPS Sensors Managing Cisco IPS Sensors
Delegates are required to meet the following prerequisites: # Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 1 (ICND1) and Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 2 (ICND2) # Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) certification: Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) # Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
IINS Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security is a 5-day training course focusing on the necessity of a comprehensive security policy and its network impact.
ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1
A 5-day Training Course on ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1; Install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network.
ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2
A 5-day Training Course on ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2; Learn to Install, operate, & troubleshoot a small-medium office Enterprise network.