M10998: Updating Your Skills to SQL Server 2017
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day instructor led training course is aimed at database professionals looking to update their skills to cover SQL Server 2017.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2017
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server Performance, Availability, and Scalability
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server data access
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server reporting and BI
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP
- Describe new and enhanced data analytics features
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server Cloud deployments
- Describe SQL Server on Linux functionality
The primary audience for this course is existing database professionals with experience of SQL Server 2016 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2017.
The secondary audience is existing SQL Server 2016 MCSAs who want to prepare for the Upgrade exam for SQL Server 2017 certification.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required. The additional screen must have a minimum screen size of 19 inch and minimum resolution of 1280x1024, with the vertical resolution (1024) being the most critical.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2017 (2 topics)
- Overview of SQL Server 2017
- Functionality across versions
Module 2: What’s new in SQL Server Performance, Scalability, and Availability (7 topics)
- Adaptive query processing
- Automatic tuning
- Availability Scalability
- Lab: Performance and availability - adaptive query processing
- Interleaved execution
- Batch mode memory grant feedback
- Batch mode adaptive joins
Module 3: What’s New in SQL Server data Access (4 topics)
- SQL Graph
- Lab: SQL Graph
- Create a Graph database
- Query a Graph database
Module 4: What’s new in SQL Server Reporting and BI (5 topics)
- Power BI report Server
- Reporting Services update
- Lab: Reporting and BI
- Deploy Power BI report server
- Add commenting to a report
Module 5: New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server Analysis Services (4 topics)
- Tabular model updates
- Lab: Ragged hierarchies
- View existing reports
- Hide blank members
Module 6: New and Enhanced data Analytics Features (4 topics)
- New and enhanced data analytics features
- Lab: Data analytics with Python
- Enable external script execution
- Run Python scripts
Module 7: What’s new in SQL Server in the Cloud (3 topics)
- Azure SQL database features
- Managed Instances
- Lab: Managed instances
Module 8: SQL Server on Linux (6 topics)
- SQL Server on Linux
- Deploying SQL Server on Linux
- Lab: SQL Server in Docker containers
- Deploy a SQL Server Docker image
- Run a SQL Server instance inside a Docker container
- Connect to a SQL Server Instance running in a Docker container
n addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2016.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2016 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 2016.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.