M2262: Supporting Users Running Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day instructor led course is to provide individuals who are new to Microsoft Windows® XP with the knowledge and skills necessary to troubleshoot basic problems end users will face related to configuring and maintaining applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook Express, Internet Explorer and other applications that run on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System. This is an introductory course designed to provide information on how to troubleshoot applications running on Microsoft Windows XP.
This is the second course in the Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician curriculum. (MCDST)
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Desktop Application Support (3 topics)
- Overview of Desktop Application Support
- Overview of the Windows System Architecture
- Overview of Application Installation
Introduction to Troubleshooting Applications (4 topics)
- Troubleshooting MS-DOS-Based and Win16 Applications
- Troubleshooting Win32 Applications
- Troubleshooting Application Compatibility Issues
- Troubleshooting Security Issues Related to Applications
Supporting Microsoft Internet Explorer (6 topics)
- Configuring General Settings
- Configuring Security and Privacy Settings
- Configuring Content Settings
- Configuring Connectivity Settings
- Configuring Program and Advanced Settings
- Customizing Internet Explorer
Supporting Outlook Express (3 topics)
- Configuring Outlook Express for Email
- Managing Outlook Express Data
- Configuring Outlook Express for Newsgroups
Supporting Microsoft Office (5 topics)
- Introduction to Supporting Microsoft Office
- Supporting Office Installation
- Supporting an Upgrade
- Managing Office Security and Recoverability
- Managing Office Language Features
Supporting Microsoft Outlook (3 topics)
- Configuring Outlook
- Managing Outlook Data
- Troubleshooting Outlook
- Attended Course 2261: Supporting Users Running the Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
- Experience using Microsoft Office as a general user.
- Experience using a Microsoft Windows operating system such as Microsoft Windows XP.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
M2261: Supporting Users Running the Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
Training course M2261: Supporting Users Running the Microsoft Windows XP Operating System overviews operating system concepts & troubleshooting XPScheduled Online Onsite