Understanding Wireless LANs
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Local Wireless Services (10 topics)
- Technologies and Terms
- Key Wireless Standard Options
- Wireless Architecture
- Different IEEE standard options
- Integration with LANs
- Ad Hoc connection
- WEP, WPA, 802.11i, 802.11x
- <b>Hands-on Exercise 1: Configuring Ad-hoc Connections</b>
- In this exercise attendees configure machines to communicate directly point to point
Configuring Access Points and Routers (4 topics)
- Access Point Components
- Configuring an Access Point
- <b>Hands-on Exercise 2: Setting up an infrastructure with Access Points</b>
- In this exercise attendees will configure a wireless router and an access point to learn about the different options available including SSID, Security options and Channel Allocation
Mobile Quality of Service (10 topics)
- Radio Principles
- Planning cells
- Channel Allocation
- Physical Services
- Frequency use
- Overlapping channels
- Noise and signal strength
- Operating Speeds and standards
- <b>Hands-on Exercise 3: Wireless Performance</b>
- In this exercise we will identify the throughput and error rate achievable for different configurations deploying different channels and speed options.
Mobile Multimedia (6 topics)
- Attraction of mobile local telephony
- Voice and data compared
- Voice performance profile
- Quality issues for voice, music and video
- <b>Hands-on Exercise 4: Mobile Multimedia Services</b>
- In this exercise we will use wireless services to deliver multimedia and identify the problems in achieving this.
Coverage Service Planning (11 topics)
- Site Surveys
- Tools to use
- How to affect coverage
- Increasing/reducing range
- Reducing spill-over into public areas
- Cell structure planning
- Bridging and repeating
- Connecting Portal Services for Hot-spots
- Testing and troubleshooting
- <b>Hands-on Exercise 5: Site Survey and Fault Isolation</b>
- A set of access points will be configured and students will use Netstumbler to view the connected networks and discover other networks near-by. Attendees will measure the coverage parameters and record potential data rates.
Planning A WiFi Service (7 topics)
- Defining the Service requirements
- Selecting Routers and Access Points
- Deploying bridges between buildings
- Routing and Fire-walling
- Monitoring and managing the service
- Course Summary
- Course Evaluation
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2
A 5-day Training Course on ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2; Learn to Install, operate, & troubleshoot a small-medium office Enterprise network.
Hands On TCP/IP and Internet Protocols
A 4-day Training Course on Hands On TCP/IP and Internet Protocols; covers practical configuration & troubleshooting of TCP/IP within LANs and WANs.
Understanding Voice over IP
A 2-day Training Course on understanding VoIP. Introduction to VoIP architecture, IP Telephony, and protocols SIP and H.323, and implementation roadmap.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.