Understanding Next Generation Architectures
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course will provide engineers, sales and product management staff with an introduction to this new technology, how it has evolved and how it can be used. It will give an understanding of the protocols used as well as providing examples of the business potential for such new infrastructures.
The next generation of telecommunications networks will deliver broadband data and multimedia services to users over a common Multi-Service Infrastructure. Circuit switched voice services will replaced with IP packet switched infrastructures that will carry TV, video multi-media and Voice over IP. Streams of real time media will be switched between gateways under the control of call servers and media gateway controllers. The key to this new soft-switch technology will be the protocols that run between the Media Gateway Controllers and the switched core. The heart of the service will be IP running over MPLS and Gigabit Ethernet or SDH.
- Consider the business potential for current and future services
- Summarize architecture and technology options for Multi-Service Networks
- Identify the key technologies for core, access and infrastructure
- Examine benefits and limitations of SDH, ATM, IP, VoIP and Media Distribution
- Provide an understanding of likely future service demands.
Overview of Next Generation Objectives (6 topics)
- Where is the Market?
- Application and Service Driven Demand
- Projecting the need
- Delivering the services
- Architecture Considerations
- Predicting Next Generation Customer Demands
Multi-Service Delivery (8 topics)
- Next Generation Services
- Potential Access demanded by Triple-Play Services
- Quality of Service needs
- Carrying services over common Infrastructures
- Internet Access Services
- Call Servers and Gateways
- Video on Demand
- Conditional Access
Delivering Multimedia over Packet Networks (7 topics)
- What is multimedia
- Encoding voice and video
- Delivering Real Time Services over datagram networks with RTP
- Identifying service channels with UDP
- Delivering voice over IP
- Delivering video over IP
- Connecting calls H.323, SIP and H.248
Demonstration of TV, Voice and Data over single network interface (1 topic)
- In this demonstration we will run TV, Voice and Internet Web access through the same Interface
Packet-oriented Services (6 topics)
- Packet protocols
- Dominance of IP
- Internet Infrastructure
- How will Internet Use Evolve?
- What Access will I need for Triple-Play Services
- Speed, reliability and QoS
IP Infrastructure (6 topics)
- IP Addressing
- Uni-casting and Multicasting
- Routing between Addresses
- Building a Multicast TV Service
- Delivering Internet Television
- Delivering VoIP
Below IP: Gigabit Ethernet and SDH (7 topics)
- Demands from the Access
- Framing and Packets
- IEEE 802 Standardization
- Aggregation and Bridging
- 10, 100 and 1000 bit/s interfaces
- Ethernet as a Loop Interface and the Service Interface
- Future Gigabit Services
Multi-Protocol Label Switching (6 topics)
- How MPLS works
- What can MPLS deliver?
- What exactly is a label?
- Label Distribution Mechanisms
- Recovery from failure
- Delivering Quality of Service
Full Service Multi-Service Network Architecture (4 topics)
- Multi-Service Access Nodes
- Backhaul to Metro Nodes
- Intelligent Network Services
- Call Servers and soft switches
Course Review and Evaluation
None. Some understanding of data networking or telecommunications principles is desirable but not required.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Understanding IP and Datanetworking
A 2-day Training Course on Understanding IP and Data Networking; overview of key concepts, protocols, and functions of the internet and IP services.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.