M2349: Programming the Microsoft.NET Framework with C#
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Visual Studio Training Courses.
At the end of the course, students will be able to: (13 topics)
- List the major elements of the .NET Framework and explain how they fit into the .NET platform.
- Explain the main concepts behind the common language runtime and use the features of the .NET Framework to create a simple application.
- Create and use components in Windows Forms-based and ASP.NET-based applications.
- Use the deployment and versioning features of the .NET runtime to deploy multiple versions of a component.
- Create, use, and extend types by understanding the Common Type System architecture.
- Create classes and interfaces that are functionally efficient and appropriate for given programming scenarios.
- Use the .NET Framework class library to efficiently create and manage strings, arrays, collections, and enumerators.
- Use delegates and events to make an event-sender object signal the occurrence of an action to an event-receiver object.
- Describe and control how memory and other resources are managed in the .NET Framework.
- Read from and write to data streams and files.
- Use the basic request/response model to send and receive data over the Internet.
- Serialize and deserialize an object graph.
- Create distributed applications by means of Web Services and Object Remoting.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
The C# Programming Language
A 5-day Training Course on Programming with C#; provides the knowledge and skills needed to develop C# applications for the Microsoft .NET Platform