M2823: Implementing & Administering Security in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft MTA Training Courses.
Topics Covered (14 topics)
- After completing this course, students will gain the skills to:
- Plan and configure an authorization and authentication strategy in a multi-forest organization.
- Install, configure, and manage a certification authority (CA).
- Configure, deploy, and manage certificates.
- Plan, implement, and troubleshoot smart card certificates.
- Plan, implement, and troubleshoot Encrypting File System (EFS).
- Plan, configure, and deploy a secure member server baseline.
- Plan, configure, and implement secure baselines for server roles.
- Plan, configure, implement, and deploy a secure client computer baseline.
- Plan and implement Software Update Services.
- Plan, implement, and troubleshoot data transmission security.
- Plan and implement security for wireless networks.
- Plan and implement perimeter security with Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA) 2000.
- Secure remote access.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Completed Course 2810 or equivalent knowledge.
- Experience implementing a Windows® 2000 or Windows Server 2003 Active Directory® environment.
- Experience with organizational resources such as Web, FTP and Exchange servers, (not expected to have detailed knowledge) shared resources and network services such as DHCP, DNS and WINS also helpful.