M2820: Implementing & Administering Security in a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Security Training Courses.
Topics Covered (15 topics)
- After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Implement Group Policy.
- Create and work with user accounts and security groups.
- Implement account policies and security templates.
- Administer account based security.
- Install and maintain certificate authorities.
- Manage a public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Secure early versions of Windows clients.
- Configure and troubleshoot IPSec.
- Secure remote access and VPNs.
- Configure wireless security.
- Secure public application servers.
- Secure Web services.
- Monitor events and intruder detection.
- Maintain software, service pack, and hotfix deployments.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Familiarity with Windows 2000 core technologies, such as those described in the following Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) course:
- Course 2152: Implementing Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional and Server
- Familiarity with Windows 2000 networking technologies, such as those described in the following MOC course:
- Course 2153: Implementing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure
- Familiarity with Windows 2000 directory services technologies, such as those described in the following MOC course:
- Course 2154: Implementing and Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory Services
- Familiarity with fundamental network security technologies, such as those described in the following MOC course:
- Course 2810: Fundamentals of Network Security, or equivalent knowledge