M2008: Designing and Planning an Exchange Server 2003 Organisation
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Exchange Server Training Courses.
Topics Covered (7 topics)
- Analyze Active Directory® and design an administrative plan.
- Design a routing topology and server roles and placement.
- Design public folders and client connectivity.
- Design an Exchange Server 2003 security strategy.
- Design for high availability and reliability.
- Design inter-organizational connectivity.
- Design an Exchange 5.5 to Exchange Server 2003 deployment strategy.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003 and Active Directory
- Working knowledge of Active Directory design principles
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 and Exchange 2000 Server or Exchange Server 2003
- Working knowledge of networking, including Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Domain Name System (DNS), and Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure concepts including routing and routers, and available bandwidth
- Working knowledge of Internet protocols, including Post Office Protocol version 3(POP3) or Internet Message Access Protocol version 4 (IMAP4), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), and Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP)
- Three or more years of messaging and network experience, including one year designing messaging infrastructures
- In addition, it is recommended that you have completed: Course 2400, Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, or have equivalent knowledge.
- Workshop 2011, Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, or have equivalent knowledge.
- Course 2282, Designing a Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure, or have equivalent knowledge.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
M2282: Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure
A 5-day Training Course on M2282: Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure; is intended for systems engineersScheduled Online Onsite