Oracle Database 10g DBA - Part II
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course is designed for database administrators and technical support staff who are required to plan and implement database backup and recovery strategies for Oracle10g databases. This course is also suitable for delegates who need to be able to monitor and improve the database performance.
This course introduces delegates to the main concepts of Oracle backup and recovery. They will learn how to plan and implement a backup and recovery strategy using operating system backups, the import and export utilities and Recovery Manager. Delegates will learn how to monitor and improve database performance. They will also learn how to control database resources using Resource Manager, automate tasks with the Scheduler and use Automatic Storage Management (ASM). This course covers the main topics of the Oracle exam #1Z1-043 Oracle Database 10g: Administration II.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Topics Covered (21 topics)
- Plan a Backup Strategy
- Plan a Disaster Recovery Strategy
- Alter a Database to Archivelog and NoArchivelog Modes
- Online and Offline Backups
- Complete and Incomplete Database Recovery
- Recover a Database from Non-Critical Losses
- Perform Logical Backups with Export and Import Utilities
- Use RMAN to Perform Backups And Restore
- Use Flashback Technology to Recover a Database
- Use Flashback to Recover From User Errors
- Database Corruption
- Load Data into a Database
- Diagnostic Sources
- Use Automatic Database Management
- Monitor and Manage Storage
- Use Automatic Storage Management
- Monitor and Manage Memory
- Control Database Resources Using Resource Manager
- Automate Management Tasks with the Scheduler
- Secure the Oracle Listener
- Use Globalization Support
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Oracle Database 10g DBA - Part I
A 5-day Training Course on Oracle Database 10g DBA - Part I; provides the skills to maintain successful & efficient day-to-day operations of an Oracle database