M2011: Troubleshooting MS Exchange Server 2003
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Exchange Server Training Courses.
Introduction to Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2003 (1 topic)
- This unit provides an overview of Exchange Server 2003, and introduces the troubleshooting methodology and tools that will be used in the labs for this workshop.
Troubleshooting Network Connectivity (1 topic)
- This unit identifies underlying network connectivity issues when messaging clients cannot access Exchange Server 2003.
Troubleshooting Public Folders and Mailboxes (1 topic)
- This unit uses the architecture of public folders and mailboxes to identify underlying issues when a client does not receive e-mail messages in an Exchange 2003 environment.
Troubleshooting Outlook Web Access and Outlook Mobile Access : (1 topic)
- This unit describes Outlook Web Access (OWA), and Outlook Mobile Access (OMA) identifies the issues with front end and back end servers that can prevent users from accessing OWA.
Troubleshooting Client Connectivity (1 topic)
- This unit describes the client applications that can connect to an Exchange server and the protocols that these client applications use. In this context, this unit identifies the underlying issues that can prevent client connectivity.
Unit 6: Troubleshooting Server Connectivity (1 topic)
- This unit discusses common connectivity issues between different Exchange servers. Students will learn about common issues related to connectivity between Exchange sites, connectivity between an Exchange site and a third-party messaging systems, and connectivity between an Exchange site and the Internet.
Troubleshooting Server Performance (1 topic)
- This unit describes common system problems that affect the performance of computers running Exchange Server 2003.
Troubleshooting Security Issues (1 topic)
- This unit discusses security issues and potential vulnerabilities caused by improperly configured Exchange systems. The unit will also introduce students to S/MIME and describe how it signs and seals messages.
Troubleshooting the Migration to Exchange 2003 (1 topic)
- This unit discusses problems that can result during the migration from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange Server 2003. The unit will describe the different types of migration and provide an overview of the migration process. The unit will also describe common migration issues, such as the inability to successfully run ForestPrep and DomainPrep, and issues related to using the Active Directory® Migration Tool.
Troubleshooting an Exchange Server 2003 Organization (1 topic)
- This unit provides a review of methodology used to troubleshoot Exchange Server 2003. The unit will also discuss high-level troubleshooting guidelines. The unit concludes with an instructor-facilitated, paper-based "challenge lab," in which students will work together to resolve Exchange-related issues in a case study-type format.
- Completed Implementing and Managing Exchange Server 2003
- Completed Upgrading Your Skills from Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- One or more years of messaging and network experience supporting Exchange Server