IPv6: An Introduction
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
With ever more IP addresses needed due to mobile communications devices, computers and other terminals connected to the Internet, the inherent limitations of IPv4 are being recognised. Issues such as security and a greater number of addresses are real issues now, and need to to be addressed. This course provides a technical overview to the aspects of IPv6 and the differences with IPv4.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
The need for a new IP (3 topics)
- A brief history of the Internet Protocol
- The issues
- Is it urgent?
An overview of IPv4 (9 topics)
- TCP/IP layers
- IP addressing
- The IP Protocol
- Address resolution
- Transport protocols
- Application Services
Problems with IPv4 (5 topics)
- Addressing and routing
- Configuration and mobility
- Service Type
IPv6 (4 topics)
- The major changes
- Base Header format
- Extension Headers
Addressing and Routing (8 topics)
- The IPv6 address
- Address Types
- Unicast addresses
- Multicast addresses
- Anycast addresses
- Provider based addressing
- Inter Domain Routing
- Intra Domain Routing
Plug and Play (6 topics)
- Stateless autoconfiguration
- Stateful autoconfiguration
- Address Resolution
- Comparing Mobile IPv4 and IPv6
- The role of 128 bit addresses in ensuring mobile access
- Mobile IP security issues
Authentication and Privacy (2 topics)
- Encryption and Authentication under IPv6
Quality of Service (3 topics)
- Predicting the impact of Ipv6 on higher layer protocols
- Does IPv6 give true Quality of Service?
- Examining the Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP)
The Transition (3 topics)
- Are IPv4 and IPv6 really interoperable?
- Selecting the best migration strategy
- The 6-bone
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Hands On TCP/IP and Internet Protocols
A 4-day Training Course on Hands On TCP/IP and Internet Protocols; covers practical configuration & troubleshooting of TCP/IP within LANs and WANs.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.