BGP: Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers provides students with an in-depth knowledge of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), a routing protocol that is one of the foundations of the Internet and New World technologies such as Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS).
This course focuses on the theory of BGP, the configuration and troubleshooting of BGP on Cisco IOS routers. Extensive use of hands on labs has been incoporated into this curriculum to ensure learners have the skills required to configure and troublshoot BGP networks in customer environments.
Each student will have their own virtual pod of equipment with access to the labs 24x7 for 90 days.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe how to configure, monitor and troubleshoot basic BGP to enable interdomain routing in a network scenario with multiple domains.
- Describe how to use BGP policy controls to influence the route selection process in a network scenario where you must support connections to multiple ISPs.
- Describe how to use BGP attributes to influence the route selection process in a network scenario where you must support multiple connections.
- Describe how to successfully connect the customer network to the Internet in a network scenario in which multiple connections must be implemented.
- Describe how to configure the service provider network to behave as a transit AS in a typical implementation with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems.
- Enable route reflection and confederations as possible solutions to BGP scaling issues in a typical service provider network with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems.
- Describe the available BGP tools and features to optimize the scalability of the BGP routing protocol in a typical BGP network.
Service Provider and Enterprise network engineers that design,deploy and maintain core IP network infrastructures running BGP.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
BGP Overview (6 topics)
- Introducing BGP
- Establishing BGP Sessions
- Understanding BGP Path Attributes
- Processing BGP Routes
- Configuring Basic BGP
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting BGP
BGP Transit Autonomous Systems (5 topics)
- Working with a Transit AS
- Interacting with IBGP and EBGP in a Transit AS
- Forwarding Packets in a Transit AS
- Configuring a Transit AS
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting IBGP in a Transit AS
Route Selection using Policy Controls (5 topics)
- Using Multihomed BGP Networks
- Employing AS - Path Filters Filtering with Prefix-Lists
- Using Outbound Route Filtering
- Applying Route-Maps as BGP Filters
- Implementing Changes in BGP Policy
Route Selection Using Attributes (4 topics)
- Influencing BGP Route Selection with Weights Setting BGP Local Preference
- Using AS-Path Prepending
- Understanding the BGP Multi-Exit Discriminator
- Addressing BGP Communities
Customer-to-Provider Connectivity with BGP (4 topics)
- Understanding Customer-to-Provider Connectivity Requirements
- Implementing Customer Connectivity Using Static Routing
- Connecting a Multihomed Customer to a Single Service Provider
- Connecting a Multihomed Customer to Multiple Service Providers
Scaling Service Provider Networks (6 topics)
- Scaling IGP and BGP in Service Provider Networks
- Introducing Route Reflectors
- Designing Networks with Route Reflectors
- Configuring and Monitoring Route Reflectors
- Introducing Confederations
- Configuring and Monitoring Confederations
Optimizing BGP Scalability (4 topics)
- Improving BGP Convergence
- Limiting the Number of Prefixes Received form a BGP Neighbor
- Implementing BGP Peer Groups
- Using BGP Route Dampening
Delegates are required to meet the following prerequisites: - Valid CCNA - Valid BSCI This course is intended for technical engineers and delegates seeking professional level certification including Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional (CCIP) or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE).
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.