Write Winning Bids
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Writing Winning Bids is all about making sure that you and your organisation are prepared to answer a formal or informal Request for Proposal and/or an Invitation to Tender from potential customers in an effective way.
It is a skill. Indeed, some might argue that it is more than that: a profession which needs a particular set of skills to achieve success.
This two-day course aims to give you the skills necessary to improve the standard of your overall proposal presentation and content.
Some of you will have previous experience in writing proposals for your organisation, while others will be new to the environment. Whatever your background, by the end of this course you will have a simple set of tools, hints and tips that will help you improve the standard of your bids and proposals.
Common concerns we hear from people who attend this course include:
- How do I make sure that my bid response is compliant?
- What can I do to increase the chances of my bid being the winning one?
- What’s meant by gate reviews and how do they work?
- How do I write an Executive Summary for a bid or proposal?
This Develop-level course uses a variety of methods to put across key messages around compliance, evaluation methods, and the importance of getting the bid right first time. There’s plenty of time to practice, with the chance to work in teams on a comprehensive bid case study.
All of our trainers are experts in their field and have many years’ experience in responding to bids and proposals and training people in how to write winning bids.
Even the greatest authors had to learn their craft - your journey begins here!
You will learn how to:
- Identify different types of bids and when they’re used
- Structure a powerful and comprehensive bid using the COMPLIANCE approach
- Make your bid easy to evaluate and design your bid to maximise your chances of winning business
- Explain how organisations qualify opportunities and how to maximise your chances
- Develop a strategy to win the bid by following the ‘Preparing to Win’ approach
- Write a persuasive executive summary
- Follow the principles of resource planning to develop a proposal planning process
- Explain the impact that compliance has on a winning strategy
- Identify and manage review processes
This Develop-level course is aimed at anyone who needs to write bids or proposals as part of their job. While it’s expected that you will have had some experience in writing or reviewing bids, this course is also suitable for someone just starting out on their bid-writing journey.
Day 1 (5 topics)
- Types of bids and proposals
- Evaluating bids and proposals
- The COMPLIANCE method of writing a winning bid
- Bid/no-bid decision making
- Preparing to win the business
Day 2 (7 topics)
- Competition analysis
- Planning bids and proposals
- Internal reviews
- Bid and proposal resource planning
- Reviewing the compliance of bids and proposals
- Writing to win
- Managing bid and proposal review meetings
It’s expected that delegates will already know the basics of good business writing, for example that gained by attending one of the following Form-level courses:
- Business Writing Essentials (MPDBWE)
- Business Writing Made Clear (MPDBWMC)
As pre-course work you’ll be asked to become familiar with the types of bids and proposals that your organisation produces. While you don’t need to bring these along to the course we ask that you read at least two bids and proposals and think about what works well and what could be done differently.