M2694: Updating Web Server Skills to Internet Info Services 6 - Workshop
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day, instructor-led Microsoft Official Workshop provides students with the knowledge and skills to manage and maintain a Web server running Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 on Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003.
This discovery-based workshop consists primarily of labs that provide hands-on, practical activities appropriate for an experienced Web server administrator.
This workshop is intended for experienced Web server administrators with a background in implementing and supporting previous versions of IIS on Microsoft Windows NT® 4.0 or Windows® 2000. The workshop is targeted specifically at students who need to quickly transfer their current Web server administration skills to IIS 6.0 on Windows Server 2003. Microsoft Official Workshops are designed to train people who learn best by doing.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Installing IIS 6.0 (4 topics)
- Install IIS 6.0.
- Verify settings of isolation mode and configure auto updates.
- Create a new Web site and virtual directory.
- Install IIS 6.0 Resource Kit.
Enabling the Web Server as an Application Server (4 topics)
- Configure the application server.
- Implement application pooling in worker process isolation mode.
- Configure a Web garden.
- Implement an FTP site in user isolation mode.
Manually Migrating to IIS 6.0 (3 topics)
- Manually migrate a Web site from IIS 4.0 or IIS 5.0 to IIS 6.0.
- Manually migrate an existing Web site.
- Choose the correct isolation mode.
Using the Migration Tool to Migrate a Web Site to IIS 6.0 (3 topics)
- Perform pre-migration tasks.
- Migrate a Web site using the migration tool.
- Perform post-migration tasks.
Configuring Authentication and Authorization on IIS 6.0 (6 topics)
- Secure Web application sites in IIS 6.0.
- Configure authentication.
- Configure authorization (restrict access to Web pages).
- Enable secure communications (enable IPSec).
- Configure .NET Passport authentication.
- Install and configure SSL.
Managing the Metabase (5 topics)
- Manage IIS configuration settings by modifying the metabase.
- Back up the metabase.
- Restore the metabase.
- Copy configuration settings to another machine.
- Understand key points in managing the metabase.
Implementing E-Mail Services in IIS 6.0 (3 topics)
- Enable SMTP and POP3 mail on IIS 6.0.
- Implement SMTP service.
- Implement POP3 service.
Monitoring Performance and Troubleshooting IIS 6.0 (3 topics)
- Troubleshoot typical performance and access problems with IIS 6.0.
- Troubleshoot access problems.
- Monitor Web site performance.
Before attending this workshop, students must have: Practical experience working as a Web server administrator with IIS 4.0 or IIS 5.0. Experience working with Windows Server 2003. Students can gain the prerequisite knowledge and skills by completing one of the following groups of courses: Course 2295: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0 Workshop 2209: Expert Track—Updating Systems Administrator Skills from Microsoft Windows 2000 to Windows Server 2003 —OR— Course 2295: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0 Course 2299: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment for an MCSA on Windows 2000