WebSphere MQ: Designing and Architecting Clustering Solutions
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This four-day, instructor-led course teaches the intermediate skills required by an administrator of an IBM WebSphere MQ clustered environment.
This course is essential for anyone responsible for the design and administration of WebSphere MQ solutions that include MQ clusters. Through lecture and labs, students learn how to set up simple clusters, design and set up a sophisticated cluster, manage clusters, perform full repository re-assignment, accomplish queue manager cluster removal, and use diagnostics to determine problems within an MQ cluster.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the basic concepts of an MQ cluster
- Set up a simple cluster
- Use administrative commands to manage an MQ cluster
- Describe problems that may be encountered with MQ clusters, as well as tools and techniques for isolating these problems
- Explain the concepts of workload management
- Define marooned messages and discuss alternatives for handling them
- Describe security, recovery, and failover considerations necessary when designing a cluster, as well as disaster planning and testing
- Implement a complex MQ cluster including more than three queue managers
- List the design considerations for a WebSphere MQ clustering solution, including the use of multiple overlapping clusters and techniques for dividing very large organizations of systems
- Define the process to incorporate non-cluster WebSphere MQ queue managers into a cluster, including security considerations when using a gateway approach
- Describe cluster workload exits
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (6 topics)
- Overview of IBM WebSphere MQ clustering
- WebSphere MQ cluster administration
- WebSphere MQ cluster problem determination and resolution
- Design considerations and operations
- IBM WebSphere MQ clustering advanced design topics
- z/OS IBM WebSphere MQ cluster
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
WebSphere MQ v7 System Administration (Distributed Platforms)
A 4-day Training Course on WebSphere MQ Administration for UNIX & Windows; Extend your knowledge & become a competent WebSphere MQ administrator.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online