Abstract Syntax Notation One (ASN.1)
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Test Notation Training Courses.
At the conclusion of the seminar delegates will have a working understanding of: (10 topics)
- The use of formal abstract description languages, and application in the
- telecommunications industry
- An introduction to ASN.1, its evolution and relationship to the OSI Reference
- An outline of ASN.1 rule sets including Basic, Distinguished and Packed
- Encoding Rule (BER, DER and PER)
- BER encoding set details
- DER encoding set details
- General notations and octet encoding
- Application of ASN.1 to traditional and evolving telecommunication technologies
The course is at an engineering level for delegates who may not have any previous experience in ASN.1, but would be familiar with telecommunication protocols.