M2273: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows 2003 Environment
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course is intended for individuals who are employed as or seeking employment as a systems administrator or systems engineer.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
1: Introduction to Administering Accounts and Resources (6 topics)
- Describe features of the Windows 2003 Server family.
- Log on to Windows Server 2003.
- Install and configure administrative tools.
- Create user accounts.
- Create computer accounts.
- Create an organizational unit.
Managing User and Computer Accounts (7 topics)
- Modify user and computer account properties.
- Enable and unlock user and computer accounts.
- Create a user account template.
- Locate user and computer accounts in the Active Directory® directory service.
- Save queries.
- Reset user and computer accounts.
- Move domain objects.
Managing Groups (5 topics)
- Create groups.
- Manage group membership.
- Apply strategies for using groups.
- Modify groups.
- Manage default groups.
Managing Access to Resources (5 topics)
- Manage access to resources.
- Manage access to shared folders.
- Manage access to files and folders by using NTFS permissions.
- Determine effective permissions.
- Manage access to shared files by using offline caching.
Implementing Printing (5 topics)
- Explain the printing process in the Windows Server 2003 family.
- Install and share printers.
- Manage access to printers by using shared printer permissions.
- Manage printer drivers.
- Implement printer locations.
Managing Printing (4 topics)
- Change the location of the print spooler.
- Set printing priorities.
- Schedule printer availability.
- Configure a printing pool.
Managing Access to Objects in Organizational Units (3 topics)
- Identify the role of organizational units.
- Modify permissions for Active Directory objects.
- Delegate control of organizational units.
Implementing Group Policy (3 topics)
- Implement a local GPO.
- Implement GPOs on a domain.
- Manage the deployment of Group Policy.
Managing the User Environment by Using Group Policy (4 topics)
- Configure Group Policy settings.
- Assign scripts with Group Policy.
- Configure Folder Redirection.
- Determine applied GPOs.
Introduction to Security in Windows Server 2003 (5 topics)
- Provide an overview of security in Windows Server 2003.
- Use security templates to secure computers.
- Test computer security policy.
- Configure auditing.
- Manage security logs.
Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
Preparing to Administer a Server (3 topics)
- Explain the tasks, tools, and rights that are required to administer a server.
- Configure Remote Desktop for Administration and client preferences.
- Manage remote desktop connections.
Preparing to Monitor Server Performance (4 topics)
- Establish a performance baseline.
- Perform real-time and logged monitoring.
- Configure and manage counter logs.
- Configure alerts.
Monitoring Server Performance (7 topics)
- Explain how the four primary server subsystems affect server performance.
- Monitor server memory.
- Monitor processor usage.
- Monitor disks.
- Monitor network usage.
- Identify the guidelines for using counters and thresholds.
- Describe the best practices for monitoring server performance.
Maintaining Device Drivers (2 topics)
- Configure device driver signing.
- Restore the previous version of a device driver.
Managing Disks (6 topics)
- Initialize and partition a disk.
- View and update disk properties.
- Manage mounted drives.
- Create volumes on a disk.
- Convert a disk from basic to dynamic and from dynamic to basic.
- Import disks.
Managing Data Storage (3 topics)
- Manage NTFS file compression.
- Configure file encryption.
- Implement disk quotas.
Managing Disaster Recovery (7 topics)
- Prepare for disaster recovery.
- Back up data.
- Schedule backup jobs.
- Restore data.
- Configure a shadow copy.
- Recover from server failure.
- Select a disaster recovery method.
Maintaining Software by Using Software Update Services (4 topics)
- Explain Microsoft Software Update Services.
- Install and configure client computers to use Software Update Services.
- Install and configure servers to use Software Update Services.
- Manage the Software Update Services infrastructure.