GSM, GPRS & EDGE Performance & Optimisation
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course provides an introduction to the complete evolution of GSM towards a radio access network that efficiently supports UMTS services (GERAN). It features a comprehensive study of system performance with simulations and field trials. Covers all the major features such as basic GSM, GPRS, EDGE and AMR and the full capability of the GERAN radio interface for which 3G service support is envisaged. It also discusses different 3G radio technologies and the position of GERAN within such technologies.
GERAN Evolution (6 topics)
- GSM/EDGE Standards Evolution (up to Rel'4)
- Evolution of GERAN Standardisation (Rel'5, Rel'6 and beyond)
- GERAN QoS Evolution Towards UMTS
- Mobile Station Location
- GSM, GPRS and EDGE Performance
- Basics of GSM Radio Communication and Spectral Efficiency
GSM, GPRS & EDGE Performance (6 topics)
- GSM/AMR and SAIC Voice Performance
- GPRS and EGPRS Performance
- Packet Data Services and End-user Performance
- Dynamic Frequency and Channel Allocation
- Narrowband Deployment
- Link Performance Enhancements
Evolution to 3rd Generation (5 topics)
- 3G Evolution Paths
- Control Channel's Performance and Dimensioning
- Automation and Optimisation
- IMT-2000 3G Radio Access Technologies
- 3G Technology Strategy and Evolution Paths
Appendices (5 topics)
- Appendix A: MAIO Management Limitations
- Appendix B: Hardware Dimensioning Studies
- Appendix C: Mapping Link Gain to Network Capacity Gain
- Appendix D: Interference between GSM/EDGE and Other Cellular Radio Technologies
- Appendix E: Simulation Tools
All delegates should have a good understanding of GSM & GPRS technologies, including the air-interface, the Circuit Switched & Packet Switched networks, and basic wireless & cellular knowledge.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
GPRS Technical Overview
A 3-day Training Course on GPRS Technical Overview; informs delegates of technical aspects of GPRS overlay network on GSM, procedures and applications.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.