IBM Storwize V7000 Implementation Workshop
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
Leverage SAN storage connectivity by integrating a layer of intelligence - the IBM Storwize V7000 - to facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements. Focus on planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the IBM Storwize V7000 into the storage area network. Exploit both internal storage of the IBM Storwize V7000 as well as SAN attached external heterogeneous storage to centralize storage provisioning to both Fibre Channel and iSCSI host servers from common storage pools. Improve storage utilization effectiveness using thin provisioning and Real-time Compression. Implement storage tiering and optimize solid state drives (SSDs) usage with Easy Tier. Address backup recovery point objectives and recovery time objectives with FlashCopy technology. Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from non-virtualized to the virtualized environment. Scale-out with a clustered Storwize V7000 system for capacity, throughput, and greater management efficiency.
This course covers the Storwize V7000 product but does not cover the features of the Storwize V7000 Unified product. The functions of the Storwize V7000 Unified product are covered in course IBM Storwize V7000 Unified Implementation Workshop (SSG00).
- Set up and configure the Storwize V7000
- Install and cable expansion enclosures
- Create RAID arrays using internal Storwize V7000 storage and manage drive use attributes
- Define and manage storage pools using internal Storwize V7000 storage as well as SAN attached external storage
- Update zoning policies to enable the Storwize V7000 to access SAN attached external storage and provision storage to host servers
- Utilize Storwize V7000 management interfaces to support the networked storage environment, assign storage to servers, migrate data, replicate data across attaching storage systems, and monitor storage access activities
- Take advantage of storage efficiency solutions including Thin Provisioning, Volume Mirroring, Real-time Compression, and Easy Tier
- Migrate existing data to the virtualized Storwize V7000 environment
- Implement point-in-time copies across internal and external storage using FlashCopy GUI presets
- Utilize Easy Tier to optimize the usage of solid state drives (SSDs)
This intermediate course is for individuals who assess or plan to deploy the IBM Storwize V7000 and leverage storage network virtualization solutions.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Day 1 (6 topics)
- Unit 1: Introduction to IBM Storwize V7000
- Unit 2: Enclosures and RAID arrays
- Lab exercises: System Initialization via Service Assistant
- Cluster Create and GUI/CLI Access Setup
- Physical Storage Access: Internal and External
- Host Objects and Volumes Creation
Day 2 (6 topics)
- Unit 3: Fabric zoning, iSCSI, and Clustered Storwize V7000
- Unit 4: Thin Provisioning, Volume Mirroring, and Real-time Compression
- Lab exercises: Host Storage Access: Fibre Channel Hosts
- Hybrid Pools and Easy Tier
- Host Storage Access: iSCSI Hosts
- Volume Dependencies and Tier Migration
Day 3 (5 topics)
- Unit 5: Data Migration Facilities
- Unit 6: Copy Services: FlashCopy and Remote Copy
- Lab exercises: Internal Storage and RAID Options
- Thin Provisioning and Volume Mirroring
- Real-time Compression
Day 4 (5 topics)
- Unit 7: Easy Tier
- Unit 8: Managing the IBM Storwize V7000
- Lab exercises: Data Migration Import Wizard
- FlashCopy: Target Access, Incremental, and Consistency Group
- Easy Tier and STAT Analysis
You should complete:
- Storage Area Networking Fundamentals (SN712) or
- have equivalent knowledge
You should have
- a basic understanding of concepts associated with open systems disk storage systems and I/O operations
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.