Advanced Windows Store Apps Development using C#
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
In this course the students will learn the more advanced programming skills and techniques that they can use to optimize their Windows Store app and differentiate their app from other apps in the Windows Store. These advanced skills and techniques include a combination of both design and development skills. The students will also learn about supporting the apps that they have published to the Windows Store. Audience Profile This course is intended for professional developers who have 1 or more years of experience creating applications for a production environment and who are comfortable programming in C# and XAML to create Windows 8 apps. Those intending to take the 70-485 Advanced Windows Store Apps Development using C# exam will also benefit from attendance at this course.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Module 1: Windows Store Apps Essentials (5 topics)
- This module provides a review of the essential Windows Store app features.
- Review Windows 8 App Essentials - Presentation
- Review Windows 8 App Essentials - Under the Hood
Module 2: Implementing Animations and Transitions (9 topics)
- This module explains how to add animations and transitions to improve the user experience using the VisualStateManager and control templates.
- Using Animation
- Working with Transitions and Transformations
- Lab : Implementing Animations and Transitions
- Creating Animations in a Windows Store App
- Creating Transitions and Transformations in a Windows Store App
Module 3: Implementing Globalization and Localization (9 topics)
- This module explains how to localize Windows Store app user interface.
- Working with Resource Files
- Implementing Culture-Specific Formatting
- Lab : Implementing Globalization and Localization
- Create and Consume Resource Files
- Apply Culture-Specific Formatting
Module 4: Branding and a Seamless User Interface (9 topics)
- This module explains how to brand Windows Store app and improve the loading experience with a splash screen.
- Customizing the Splash Screen
- Differentiate your app with branding
- Lab : Branding and a Seamless User Interface
- Create a Customized Splash Screen
- Branding a Windows Store App
Module 5: Advanced Data Scenarios in a Windows Store App (10 topics)
- This module explains how to use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for an app, and use advanced file access methods.
- Windows Store App Storage Options
- Implementing Data Caching
- Advanced File Functionality
- Lab : Caching Data
- Cache Data
Module 6: Creating Reusable Controls and Components (10 topics)
- This module explains how to create custom controls, extend templated controls, and create and consume WinMD components.
- Creating Custom Controls
- Extending Existing Controls
- Creating and Consuming WinMD Components
- Lab : Creating Reusable Controls and Components
- Create and Use a Custom Control
- Consume a WinMD Component
Module 7: Implementing Advanced Contract Scenarios (9 topics)
- This module explains how to implement the Print and Settings contracts and the Play To API.
- The Print Contract
- The Play To Contract
- Lab : Printing
- Print a single page
- Print multiple pages
Module 8: The Windows Push Notification Service (WNS) (9 topics)
- This module explains how to work with the Push Notification Service (WNS).
- The Push Notification Service (WNS)
- Communicating with the Push Notification Service (WNS)
- Lab : The Windows Push Notification Service (WNS)
- Manage a Windows Notification Service (WNS) Channel
Module 9: Capturing Media (9 topics)
- This module explains how to capture media with the camera and microphone.
- Using CameraCaptureUI to Capture Pictures, Videos or Audio
- Using MediaCapture to Capture Pictures, Video, or Audio
- Lab : Capturing Media
- Capture video using the CameraCaptureUI API
- Capture image using the MediaCapture API
Module 10: Background Tasks (9 topics)
- This module explains how to create and consume background tasks.
- Creating Background Tasks
- Consuming Background Tasks in a Windows Store App
- Lab : Background Tasks
- Create and Consume a Background Task
- Consume a Background Task
Module 11: Working with Sensors and Devices (9 topics)
- This module explains how to discover device capabilities, interact with devices, and act upon sensor data.
- Working with Sensors
- Working with Devices
- Lab : Working with Sensors and Devices
- Use the orientation sensor
- Use location services
Module 12: Generating Revenue with your App (10 topics)
- This module explains how to generate revenue with Windows Store apps using trial licensing and in-app purchasing and advertising.
- Implementing Trial Functionality in a Windows Store App
- Implement In-App Purchases
- Advertising in a Windows Store App
- Lab : Generating Revenue with your App
- Use Windows.Store Classes to Support Trial App Conversion
- Implement In-App Purchase in an App
Module 13: Securing Windows Store App Data (10 topics)
- This module explains how to manage Windows authentication and web authentication in Windows 8 apps.
- Managing Windows Authentication
- Managing Web Authentication
- Encryption in Windows Store Apps
- Lab : Securing Windows 8 App Data
- Encrypt User Information
- Use ACS Authentication
Module 14: Tracing and Profiling Windows Store Apps (5 topics)
- This module explains how to diagnose problems and monitor application behavior using tracing and profiling tools and APIs.
- Tracing a Windows Store App
- Profiling a Windows Store App
6 - 12 months experience programming in HTML5 3 - 6 months experience using Visual Studio 2012 (including experience using Windows 8's preview builds) 1 month of experience working on Windows 8 apps